About the new France DLC with Promods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Vøytek
Developer

29 Nov 2016 20:47

Laurensios wrote: If I install the Vive la France DLC, and I keep the last non-updated version of ProMods. Will these maps collide?
You won't be able to do it, because ProMods 2.11 is not compatible with ETS2 1.26
So you'll use vanilla map (with DLCs) on 1.26 OR ProMods on 1.25
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

frank7895

29 Nov 2016 21:22

How many time the newest version of promods released after Scandinavia DLC ?

Vøytek
Developer

29 Nov 2016 21:37

2 weeks but I think only one road from Germany had to be connected with Denmark from DLC, now it's much more work.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

frank7895

29 Nov 2016 22:00

Zniwek wrote:2 weeks but I think only one road from Germany had to be connected with Denmark from DLC, now it's much more work.
Humm okey so we need to go in Watch dogs 2 to wait Promods 2.12 - Vive la France ;)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Nov 2016 22:03

Two areas, actually:
- Padborg along the E45...
- The E47 to Rødbyhavn (yeah, that wasn't originally there!) and the ferry at Fehmarn connecting to it.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Cipus
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2016 13:28

IvanGF14 wrote:SCS did a far better job than us. They made a whole set of new assets with an amazing quality, a thing that is very far from our posibilities. They made an amazing country that has far better quality than most of our areas, especially in France. Also, your logic ability seems to be off today
Ok, you convinced me! I did not expect that this DLC is that good, despite the fact I saw some images (now I saw the trailer posted by getrixx, thanks). I am quite new, I started to play on ETS2 around 1 year ago, when the other DLCs were already available and with the ProMods compatible and therefore don't know the details on how was rebuild everything. but thanks for sharing this, I am more open to look forward to this new DLC, and actually my idea was always that SCS did an acceptable job, which ProMOds team improved it very much with a lot of rebuilds. so what I now understand is that ProMods team respects a lot the job done by the SCS team and only come with a completion of the map based almost entirely on the assets of the SCS DLCs, which is still a very important and appreciated work ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Vøytek
Developer

30 Nov 2016 14:17

Yes, SCS created thousands of new assets - it's very time consuming and our team is just too small to make so many new models for our mappers to use. We can improve terrain/vegetation/buildings/roads thanks to SCS ;)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

sorin.manase.5
Donation rank:

01 Dec 2016 12:39

Price to the new DLC France ?

I hope not too high

Roytje2803
Donation rank:

01 Dec 2016 13:07

sorin.manase.5 wrote:Price to the new DLC France ?

I hope not too high
Same price as Scandinavian dlc

uberuser

03 Dec 2016 09:09

hi, well... for obvious reasons(for me(same price as scandinavia but half the number of cities, yeah i know, i'm gonna get hated for saying this)) until i can get the france dlc at a let's say 10 euros or lower price i won't be buying it. I enjoy the promods map, but for the reason stated before if promods will be dependent on this new dlc i have two options
1. to revert to 1.25, but soon enough not be able to play mp
2. get the game with all dlcs in a no so legal way to be able to play the promods.
will promods have a version(?) of it that won't require this dlc? like promods 2.11 version for 1.26 ets 2.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information