About the new France DLC with Promods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ETS2-User
Developer

03 Dec 2016 09:50

For 1.26 yes.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

ldsvm

26 Jun 2020 07:19

MandelSoft wrote:
19 Apr 2016 14:05
There are two big issues that makes splitting up ProMods into parts practically impossible:
  • Border areas: this is the area where one project transits to another. If you split up the package, this get really complicated really quickly. You will have two or even three or four versions of each sector at the border, which you all have to maintain. Why so many? Well, let's say you split up the Benelux and Germany as seperate map modules, at the border with Germany, you have three versions of each sector:
    • The version where only ProMods Germany is installed.
    • The version where only ProMods Benelux is installed.
    • The version where both are installed
    You see that even for this simple example, you have THREE versions of each sectors to maintain, to bug-fix and to distribute. This is a HELL for any developer. And this gets even worse in sectors where three or even four projects come together. This also complicates the load sequence of the map a lot. How the heck are we going to handle that?
  • Assets. We use a lot of Scandinavia DLC assets throughout the map, especially bridges and grass shaders. Without the Scandinavia DLC, the game would even crash in areas outside Scandinavia. This makes the Scandinavia DLC obligatory in any way.
So no, that's not going to happen in a million years.
I was going to open a thread asking about making the mod modular. I'm glad I searched first. Thank you MandelSoft for this detailed explanation. Really a great insight of the challenges that arise from splitting the mod.

To the moderator who might lock this thread: I'm sorry. I know it's a very old thread, but I just had to show my appreciation for this explanation.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information