About the new France DLC with Promods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
rbos86

18 Apr 2016 18:07

I didn't find something regarding my question, so I give it a try now.

I'm planning to buy the 'Viva la France' -DLC, but will it be the original DLC if I download Promods 2.XX afterwards? Or does it stay intact?

I want to fully experience the new DLC, but have, for instance, the German roads from Promods.
So, to summon the list I will get:
-Go East DLC;
-Scandinavia DLC;
-Viva la France DLC;
-Promods 2.XX.
And then leave the France DLC intact.

Is something like that possible?

Vøytek
Developer

18 Apr 2016 18:24

I think it'll be the same situation as with Scandinavia DLC. New version of PM (after France DLC is released) will not include ProMods' France. Check Compatibility tab at the top. Versions 1.95-1.98 were connected to SCS's Scandinavia. Later, PM Scandinavia was merged (it's still not finished) with SCS Scandinavia to deliver the best experience out of it ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Kobra2112

18 Apr 2016 19:16

Indeed, I would expect a similar situation. Although don't hold your breath waiting for France DLC... it most likely won't be out til the winter months of late this year/early next. In the meantime, Promods 2.1 should get your fix (which will likely come around some time this summer).
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

rbos86

18 Apr 2016 19:20

Thank you so far!

Leaves me with the puzzle wether to buy the France DLC. Although it's still very promising.

Other question: Do I need the France DLC when Promods upgrades (Like with scandinavia)?
I love to play the game as good as possible, and I need the rebuild from some maps. The original intersections on the German Autobahn were (as far as I remember) not specifically realistic. And I love to drive to Zwolle (NL) for instance. Can I, when France is ready, download the individual upgrades from Promods? Or is that too difficult?

Don't mistake this: I love what you guys did for the Dutch map and German Autobahn so far. Much driving pleasure there!
So, if you, or someone else, can answer my questions and take my doubts away it would be great!
Oh, Kobra2112 has answered something already, but now I don't change what I just typed (and questioned).
Thank you in advance.

Callipso
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2016 20:32

Likely will be that if they do merge that you will require the DLC regardless to play ProMods. There was an attempt before to try and keep a non-dlc availiable in when the Scandanavia DLC came out and they had many issue maintaining both of them. So its fair to say that the learning experience will dictate that if they choose to merge with the DLC that it will be a mandatory requirement to play ProMods.

As far as I've ever seen they always have the entire mod downloadable in one piece, I don't think it can be parted out as you suggest.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2016 21:03

Maintaining/releasing individual parts of ProMods is as hard as it is to a DLC ProMods and a non-DLC one. It is very unlikely we will ever release ProMods in individual parts.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

rbos86

19 Apr 2016 11:49

That's a bright story for me.
So far.

At least: Thanks for your time to answer my questions!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 Apr 2016 14:05

There are two big issues that makes splitting up ProMods into parts practically impossible:
  • Border areas: this is the area where one project transits to another. If you split up the package, this get really complicated really quickly. You will have two or even three or four versions of each sector at the border, which you all have to maintain. Why so many? Well, let's say you split up the Benelux and Germany as seperate map modules, at the border with Germany, you have three versions of each sector:
    • The version where only ProMods Germany is installed.
    • The version where only ProMods Benelux is installed.
    • The version where both are installed
    You see that even for this simple example, you have THREE versions of each sectors to maintain, to bug-fix and to distribute. This is a HELL for any developer. And this gets even worse in sectors where three or even four projects come together. This also complicates the load sequence of the map a lot. How the heck are we going to handle that?
  • Assets. We use a lot of Scandinavia DLC assets throughout the map, especially bridges and grass shaders. Without the Scandinavia DLC, the game would even crash in areas outside Scandinavia. This makes the Scandinavia DLC obligatory in any way.
So no, that's not going to happen in a million years.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

rbos86

07 May 2016 18:28

Oké, after reading that and letting it rest for a while, I come back one more time with a simple question (Ithink).

If the France DLC is completed, and Promods have done their work with that,

will Promods contain parts of the France DLC?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

07 May 2016 21:19

We don't know yet. We need a closer look at it once we get access to it.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information