UK and Ireland suggestions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
tbm1986

18 Aug 2013 10:29

@adrian007

I did that in MS Paint myself. I posted it on the official SCS Forum a while ago, while we were talking about map extensions. It hasn't been developed as a mod because 1) it would take ages (think over a year) to do, 2) have cities too close to each other and 3) I'm not a modder (yet).

I'm leaving modding in the hands of Promods and KKM, because they know what they're doing and are doing a fantastic job. They're covering the area I wanted to see most, in any case. No point reinventing the wheel!

I did a little programming at uni, have been a beta tester for mods for other games and have messed around a bit in GameMaker, Adventure Maker and the like. I have no artistic prowess, 3D modelling experience or experience with the tools SCS made for modders.

adrian007
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2013 11:47

OK Thanks for that how's the weather in sunny Guernsey ?
Have some fond memories of Jersey especially the duty free side of things lol !
Regards
From Australia
Adrian : )

tbm1986

18 Aug 2013 12:52

The weather's really not that different to UK or Benelux, except we always have a sea breeze and we can't tell the difference between coastal fog and hill fog, lol.

I'm pleased you enjoyed Jersey. Sounds like that was a few years ago now and you had a good spell. For local Channel-Islanders, our lot isn't that great. Jersey has GST, which is just as bad as VAT. Guernsey's been avoiding such things. The prices of stuff here is horrific. We're talking £1.30+ for 800g/2lb local bread, £1.08 for 1L local milk, £5 for a 20pk of cigarettes, £24+ per litre of spirit, £1k per month for a grotty bedsit and £500k for an average 3-bedroom house. Minimum wage is £6.30 per hour, which is what I'm on. I have very cheap rent with bills included because my dad inherited enough to help me out, but that isn't exactly commonplace. And the days of 99% employment (for those able to work) are well gone. Every job has over 100 candidates and foreigners often get the unskilled work because they're willing to accept very low wages and work 60-80 hours per week.

Rant over. Sorry.

adrian007
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2013 12:26

Hi again guys don't mean to bore you to tears ,how far off is the Ireland & France areas? And will there be the same issue like with the Scandinavia map not working with TSM.
thanks
Adrian

tbm1986

26 Aug 2013 16:15

@Adrian007 Give them a chance! They haven't even finished Scandinavia yet (which took a year to get to 90%). They're a very small team wanting to do everything right rather than cut corners. That means area they add or improve takes several months. After Scandinavia, they might do the Baltics they were planning to do, or put more resources into helping the KMM France project. They might do England/Wales/Ireland, it's up to them.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

26 Aug 2013 16:25

Also we have already planned for a baltic and Ireland expansion. More info about that is on Facebook.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

ScuL
Founder

26 Aug 2013 21:15

adrian007 wrote:Hi again guys don't mean to bore you to tears ,how far off is the Ireland & France areas? And will there be the same issue like with the Scandinavia map not working with TSM.
thanks
Adrian
Everything will come in 1 ProMods pack and it's not compatible with TSM that's correct
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

adrian007
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2013 04:49

Hi again guys I'm still very new to this whole thing ( Hey look I'm over 50 please allow me some senior moments lol) so when the map is finished do you release information thorough this forum, Facebook or email?
Regards
Adrian

ScuL
Founder

27 Aug 2013 08:52

Don't worry about it you will know :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Superdavecan

02 Sep 2013 23:27

Looks great so far! :D Great job with the signs.

I hate to call it a wish list, but I can think of a few things that would be welcome additions to an enhanced UK:
- In London, it should be possible to enter and exit from all four directions... ie. to go west onto the M4, you shouldn't have to first go north or south and then around. Perhaps a western connector could be built... indeed, I was reading the discussion about a remodelling of London and the M25!
- I'm wondering if maybe there should be an M20? The approach to the Channel Tunnel is quite awkward, since in the base map you go east on the M2, take a side road and then have to go backwards a bit. A simpler approach would be great.
- Would be nice to see greater coverage of North Wales, and possibly something in Cornwall.
- I've seen some posts saying how much work it is to create cities, but I wonder if it could be worth including places like Norwich, Leeds, York, Nottingham, Oxford, and Bristol (possibly in future versions rather than the one you're working on now). I saw some discussion about the M40...
- The M4/M5 junction on the base map is terrible... That needs to be fixed anyway, so why not include Bristol while working on it? (Although, it is quite close to Cardiff...)

Some ideas, anyway. Some might be feasible, some not so much... but just some thoughts, anyway.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information