UK and Ireland suggestions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Laarus

05 Sep 2013 22:32

Ok, my suggestions for the UK....

1) Hull needs to be added, the roads around the area are there and it's easy to build in....

2) As an extra to this, the M62 needs conversion to continue onto the A63 at the start of the Hull section.

3) Wales: The A55 across North Wales and onto Angelsey is an amazing route with sections East of Bangor where the Westbound carriageway cuts through tunnels while the Eastbound winds around the old road on the cliff edge. You could have so much fun adding this road to the ferry port at Holyhead, while also adding towns like Bangor and Colwyn Bay.

The Main West Coast road to Aberystwyth is the A487. It's a winding road that is more akin to a Scottish road than Wales and would make for some interesting runs. On the South Coast of Wales it would also allow an extension of the M4 Corridor out to Fishguard and Milford Haven, for another ferry crossing to Ireland.

4) Scotland : A few extra destinations in the north of Scotland could be really fun to add as well. I can see a good run out to Inverness and maybe Fort William and Oban on the Western Scottish Coast, to make a nice loop of destinations, very much off the ETS main routes.

Tuppence870

07 Sep 2013 15:47

Would it be possible to add the Isle of Man to the mod? I know it is a very small country with few roads, but it has good ferry links from Douglas to Belfast, Dublin and Liverpool.

EDIT: I just read the details of the Ireland update (I wonder why it didn't show up in my search?), and now I simply can't wait for its release :D
Last edited by Tuppence870 on 07 Sep 2013 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Reef
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2013 15:54

Nico wrote:- M4/M5 junction is something we wanted to modify anyways.
Does that mean you're using my M4/M5 edit or not? ScuL asked my permission then i've heard nothing definitive since really?

ScuL
Founder

07 Sep 2013 16:35

Hi Reef,

I've looked at it but we've decided to sort it out ourselves, it shouldn't be too much work. I looked at yours but it had changed quite a few more sectors than necessary plus some minor trouble (floating signs and stuff)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Tuppence870

07 Sep 2013 17:26

Speed cameras need to be painted yellow on the back:

Also, the real M6 passes straight through central Birmingham, but in the game it is depicted as open countryside.
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll ... 77,,0,2.57

Similarly, the intersection between the M5 & M6 is very different in the game:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll ... 24,,0,4.14

And the infamous Spaghetti Junction:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll ... 5,,0,-8.37

Reef
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2013 08:16

ScuL wrote:Hi Reef,

I've looked at it but we've decided to sort it out ourselves, it shouldn't be too much work.
Fair enough if you do not wish to use it, i have no problem with that, i just wanted to know what was happening thats all..
ScuL wrote:I looked at yours but it had changed quite a few more sectors than necessary
FYI. it changed very necessary sectors unless of course you like the fact that a) the Brynglas tunnels are excluded from the base map and b) You like the tunnel on the M5 south of Birmingham!
ScuL wrote: plus some minor trouble (floating signs and stuff)
This part of your comment is really bugging me, would you care to explain further what you mean? I have no such issues with my mod and no-one else has reported any issues or "minor troubles" as you call them!
If you'd care to clarify what you mean i'd appreciate it, thanks.

Respect is a two way road, are you suggesting i stop and turn around?

Reef.

ScuL
Founder

09 Sep 2013 12:43

Reef wrote: FYI. it changed very necessary sectors unless of course you like the fact that a) the Brynglas tunnels are excluded from the base map and b) You like the tunnel on the M5 south of Birmingham!
Right I wasn't aware of this. It's hard to judge the impact of the work if it hasn't been clearly defined as to what has been altered, perhaps you are willing to supply an image which outlines the changes you have made?
Reef wrote: This part of your comment is really bugging me, would you care to explain further what you mean? I have no such issues with my mod and no-one else has reported any issues or "minor troubles" as you call them!
If you'd care to clarify what you mean i'd appreciate it, thanks.

Respect is a two way road, are you suggesting i stop and turn around?

Reef.
No reason to get wound up as I didn't intend to cause any offence. I noticed some of the gantry signs at the junction were placed nearly 1 meter off the ground with the concrete footings sticking out. If you still have no clue what I am talking about I can re-apply the mod and take screenshots
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2013 03:28

What about the BBC Top Gear Test Track [probably will require licensing and copyright]? And what about adding Exeter, Truro, Tralee, Enniskillen, Sigo, Castlebar, Blackpool, Stornoway, Leeds, Bangor, Aberystwyth, and Bristol?

simo58

25 Oct 2013 03:51

May I suggest the Dublin Port Tunnel it comes in from the M1(to Belfast) and out at Dublin Port.
http://www.dublintunnel.ie/

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2013 10:48

Port tunnel will come I think...

TG track wont require licensing but I don't see the point adding it... Also we have only planned 2 uk cities so far: Derry and Belfast
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information