UK and Ireland suggestions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
DW Haulage
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2013 21:15

Love all the ideas so far, only thing I would add is to get rid of that Tunnel below Carlisle, and maybe add a town or two in the gap between there and Manchester. Workington maybe? Have a good A66 across from the M-Way

Horus

07 Aug 2013 21:33

If I remember rightly building cities up to a good standard can take 4-5 days and usually need a decent population size unless it's remote like Geilo in Norway, but if I had to pick three or four cities or remote towns:

1) Inverness, Scotland
2) Stornoway, Scotland
3) Holyhead, Wales
4) Bristol... am I wrong or isn't this missing from the game? Might be a nice addition to that M4/M5 junction you mentioned ScuL...

Although you know one thing the modders should try?........... Spaghetti Junction: :lol:

:D :D :D

RedMoxi

07 Aug 2013 22:40

Inverness would certainly be worth doing , road almost there just need the A9 running up (and perhaps continuing onto Thurso or am I just being greedy?).

kildevang
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2013 22:41

Horus wrote:If I remember rightly building cities up to a good standard can take 4-5 days and usually need a decent population size unless it's remote like Geilo in Norway, but if I had to pick three or four cities or remote towns:

1) Inverness, Scotland
2) Stornoway, Scotland
3) Holyhead, Wales
4) Bristol... am I wrong or isn't this missing from the game? Might be a nice addition to that M4/M5 junction you mentioned ScuL...

Although you know one thing the modders should try?........... Spaghetti Junction: :lol:

:D :D :D
That junction looks...... Interesting..... But not for modders :P
*Signature is loading*

RedMoxi

07 Aug 2013 22:58

If I were to mod it I'd have to cheat and make the traffic do an infinite loop! ^o^

Horus

07 Aug 2013 23:53

RedMoxi wrote:Inverness would certainly be worth doing , road almost there just need the A9 running up (and perhaps continuing onto Thurso or am I just being greedy?).
I thought that Inverness and then Thurso or Stornoway would be a good idea because of all the mountain roads and the Highlands - how can you have Scotland in a game without the Highlands!?!?!? :D After all, everyone who followed the mod wanted the mountain roads in Norway so badly, so Inverness and Thurso would be a fantastic add. ou could then have the Scottish Gaelic bilingual signs too, have a complete Scotland.

Now a ferry to the Shetland Islands... that would be greedy! :D

DannyB
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2013 23:58

With the addition to The Scotland Roads And Signs I live In Scotland On The A9 Next to Aviemore And could tell u where all the gaelic signs are used

Horus

08 Aug 2013 00:46

DannyB wrote:With the addition to The Scotland Roads And Signs I live In Scotland On The A9 Next to Aviemore And could tell u where all the gaelic signs are used
Can they only be found in the Highlands? Or also in the major cities?

DannyB
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2013 01:07

The Gaelic signs are found mostly on the main roads like the A9 And The A96 between Inverness And Aberdeen. But are found in some major towns and cities like inverness and aviemore on the a9 down to perth then onto edinburgh.

KING OF ESSEX

09 Aug 2013 02:38

How about implementing some of our Londons landmarks enroute IE::

#1 – Big Ben
#2 – St. Paul’s Cathedral
#3 – Tower Bridge
#4 – Nelson’s Column
#5 – London Eye
#6 – Houses of Parliament
#7 – Buckingham Palace
#8 – Tower of London
#9 – No.10 Downing Street