Goodbye

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Skytruck
Donation rank:

15 May 2016 22:18

Ha, ha, ha ... Pskov > Riga, you have tested ? with the hotfix 3 ... ?

Vøytek
Developer

15 May 2016 22:23

Hotfix wasn't tested. It's a road that was there for a long time and was always working (before hotfix3).
Do you want us to test even hotfixes? They you'll wait for every version even longer. Testing takes a lot of time and users don't understand it and want fixes everyday. It's impossible.

The problem is that a new road,south to Valka, appeared by mistake in hotfix3. It works in our beta versions but it shouldn't be available in this public fix. Also, new signs that Vladzz-G done to enhance user's experience also appeared ingame but it also shouldn't happen because necessary files are missing from 2.02 package. That happened because the team wanted to fix reported problems, because they care about users' reports :)
Sometimes the more you want to fix, the more new problems appear...
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Skytruck
Donation rank:

15 May 2016 22:29

That becomes a problem of credibility, a problem disappears, an other one arises further to the resolution of the precedent....

Vøytek
Developer

15 May 2016 22:37

It happens with everything. Not only map mods. For example, League of Legends. It's a popular game, maybe you have heard of it. They release a new version every month (maybe not really but the time doesn't matter). They have a whole different server, called PBE, where thousands of users test changes the next patch will introduce. And guess what happens? After public release, there are bugs (big and small) that break the game. Some users can't login, others get crashes to desktop, some champions are unplayable, servers die and nobody can play and so on. It happens everytime. Why? Games are complicated. Many people work on different parts (graphics, music, game engine) and it all have to work together. One misclick and... Bug happens. You can't avoid it. It's just impossible to test everything, no matter how long you'll test it. And you can't test it forever because users demand updates. Just like here. You want updates. We can give you updates but we always test it. Sure, we can't drive every road with every truck and every trailer. But then thousands of users drive those roads and can help us find problems that are then fixed as fast as possible so you can play the map. We don't like bugs, just like you all. It just happens because it's very complicated process.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Fab32400
Donation rank:

15 May 2016 23:07

Zniwek wrote:Hotfix wasn't tested. It's a road that was there for a long time and was always working (before hotfix3).
Do you want us to test even hotfixes? They you'll wait for every version even longer. Testing takes a lot of time and users don't understand it and want fixes everyday. It's impossible.

The problem is that a new road,south to Valka, appeared by mistake in hotfix3. It works in our beta versions but it shouldn't be available in this public fix. Also, new signs that Vladzz-G done to enhance user's experience also appeared ingame but it also shouldn't happen because necessary files are missing from 2.02 package. That happened because the team wanted to fix reported problems, because they care about users' reports :)
Sometimes the more you want to fix, the more new problems appear...
If hotfix wasn't test, why put "Beta tester" on a signature?
Since béta 1.23 problems have been mentioned... during the public béta every time the answer was the same... "we don't support the beta version"
When the 1.23 was official the bugs are the same, and the answers was... "do you use some other mods with promods?... because some mods will crashed.... bla bla"
What's mean? every person who have problem was borned from the last night?
Every person who use Promods don't know what is a conflict of mods?

Mappers don't drive on theirs maps... Mappers never tested the béta version from SCS. And don't tell me that's wrong, because the answer is here.
Evry Hotfix never repear the problem of the "map is discountinuous" in all the sector of Poland.

So... perhaps the solution is near of us... perhaps no.
Sure that's a big work, i'm ok. After a month and more to read of the différents bugs repports (the most beautiful would be the answers...), i'm sure of this. The Map was not really tested.

With my respect of your work, but without any smilies.

RadolSzczecin

15 May 2016 23:16

Zniwek is right.
We can only apologize for the while situation.
It does not make mistakes one who does nothing.

Sometimes making the HotFix is more difficult than the release of the whole map, but we wanted to protect You from downloading the all map files again.

The work in progress and will soon everything its ok.

Be patient - please.
We sit all night working on the map, and every free moment - we do not make mistakes you out of spite.

Vøytek
Developer

15 May 2016 23:35

@Fab32400
Many users use lots of different mods. Very often ProMods doesn't cause a crash but combinations of mods they use. That's why we want bug reports about ProMods. If you have a problem, disable all other mods and go there. If it crashes, then it's map problem that we can try to fix, right?
I always use many, many mods. Even many outdated mods. Why it never crashes for me? I don't have different version of the map. I use official, public version of 2.02. I don't even follow correct mod order, as my map mods are above everything else, not below. And it works. Without problems. Some mods cause problems when used in a combination with different mod. Not exactly with PM, that's why we also do beta testing with only PM enabled. So we find bugs in this map, not in different mods.

Hotfix wasn't tested because MandelSoft collected all fixed sectors from developers and decided to release it for you all, so you can have more pleasure when playing PM. Unfortunately, new bugs appeared that he obviously didn't want to happen... Another hotfix fixed new things but again introduced new bugs. The same with hotfix3. It just happens.

It was already explained that this little warnings in Poland are about 2 company prefabs that are next to each other. You won't get such a job (less than 1km) anyway, so it doesn't matter. This map is tested all the time. Maybe a completely bugged map should be released for you, then you'll see how much testing helps.
4235 reports in bugtracker since 2014-04-12 14:33 ;)
It means that 6 reports are added there every day but as far as I know, 1st version of the map was released much earlier before this bugtracking system started.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Polestar
Donation rank:

15 May 2016 23:43

ZelvaCZ wrote:Goodbye. I'm not going to miss such an ungrateful person, I wish you find a mod that suits you better.
And then he'll end up with TSM. Ha ha ha

But seriously, if you want to be taken serious in any way, you should change your attitude. If there's a bug, report it, and don't drive in that area until you have confirmation that it's fixed. ProMods has made the map so big, is there really no other area you can drive in in the meantime?

Oh and don't blame it all on one another. I've been driving constantly on the ProMods map, and I only encounter bugs so rarely that I don't know them all anymore. Infact, I've driven around 15.000 km virtually divided over the past few weeks, and I saw one small bug that was annoying but not interrupting.

The main problem in my opinion, is your behaviour towards people who give you awesome content, and in exchange they would like appreaciation for their free product. Can you maybe try to bring that up?
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

RadolSzczecin

15 May 2016 23:45

Proposes to end the discussion.
If someone does not want to not have to download and play on the map.

Do not you also have to pay - you can download the free servers.
I myself never chose a paid option.

We work hard after several hours and free ...
We also care about errors, but all we can do now and immediately.

Please take the forbearance and patience.

You should write clearly - until the SCS releases new patches, the map will NEVER BE PERFECT and without error.

ETS2-User
Developer

15 May 2016 23:53

Some people obviously know our job better than we do. Maybe we should let them do it instead. I'm sure they will sort it all out in just a few hours...

[/sarcasm]
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information