ProMods 2.1

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Michieten88

19 May 2016 11:30

Any idea in which month do u want to deliver us some new stuff?
:)

Bisinus
Donation rank:

19 May 2016 12:05

I am very surprised,too. :D
But don´t hurry up them they did a very good job so far ;)
So I think the answer will be it´s ready when it is ready :D
ProMods+Rusmap 8-)
Enjoying this Experience since Promods 1.71 and Rusmap 1.4.8
Deutsch🇩🇪 English🇬🇧 עברית🇮🇱
little 🇷🇺 and 🇮🇹

jasper

19 May 2016 12:12

The team will never give an ETA about the next version , but only the famous words" It will be ready When it's ready"
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Michieten88

19 May 2016 14:17

I see that the database of the players to play ETS and ATS is smaller and smaller every day ....I myself got tired of waitin' for some updates
SCS doesn't bring some usefull stuff , here people left the development ....

Vøytek
Developer

19 May 2016 14:32

You don't have to play it :)
Nobody left the development. There is more and more ProMods users everyday, so don't say things that aren't true.

Also, that's strange what you are saying. You should be grateful that there are ANY updates to this game. Very often you just buy a game and that's all. There are no new features or only paid DLCs. ETS changed a lot since 2012 and we didn't pay for it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Michieten88

19 May 2016 14:38

The problem mate is that they are developing too slow .... unusefull stuff brought ..... ProMods did something good of course , SCS didn't - still silly things on the market - yawns present every day , believe me :) , nothing to be really excited

Nico , Mandelsoft & Scul - all the respect - true quality mapping brought - ARP - we need it so much - SCS still with those stupid intersections all over the map - they are a real pain!
100 paint jobs to come on the market !

Vøytek
Developer

19 May 2016 14:51

Sure, I don't say it's fast ;)
But still - they add things for free. I bought only one paintjob pack on sale beacuse I had some little money on Steam acc. You can download mods for almost everything and it's all good. When I bought ETS few years ago, I didn't expect any updates. I was surprised that they reworked weather, physics, AI few times, added some cities, introduced World of Trucks... And it's all for one (low) price that I paid in the past . It's a small company and they're trying even if we don't like everything they do :)

What's the useful stuff you need if their updates are so bad? I don't even need their updates as long as we have mods working ;)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Michieten88

19 May 2016 15:00

I respect ur opinion , I was sustaining them after the Scandinavia DLC , well everything new but after the release .... to wait another year for a new DLC - I was expecting for things to come quicker - every time 1 year and a couple of months for a serious map expansion - 2018 - MAYBE Italy, 2019 - Spain & Portugal , 2020 - Baltics , 2021-22 - Balkans - very dull - yawns - time lost reading & understanding them - got some others things to do :) and FOR ATS WILL TAKE AN ETERNITY !!!
Our M-S-N :) did really something good but they have a private life , not to stay all the time to rebuild, build the whole continent in 1-2-3 years - I thank & appreciate them very much

Vøytek
Developer

19 May 2016 15:57

Yes, building whole USA will take many, many years but there are other games to play so you can spend your time on something else, then check new content and again play other games. Depends on what you like ;)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 May 2016 21:49

Michieten88 wrote:I see that the database of the players to play ETS and ATS is smaller and smaller every day ....
[citation needed]
Michieten88 wrote:I myself got tired of waitin' for some updates
As I always say: "Patience will be rewarded..."
Michieten88 wrote:SCS still with those stupid intersections all over the map - they are a real pain!
Oh, wait and see what they are going to do in France. From what I've seen, it will blow your socks off...
Michieten88 wrote:Nico , Mandelsoft & Scul - all the respect - true quality mapping brought - ARP - we need it so much
You forgot to mention at least a dozen other team members! Without them, we couldn't grow this much this quickly!
And by the way, ScuL doesn't do much mapping. His main tasks are actually about the website maintenance and management, release management, technical support and administration.However, he just recently picked up his first big mapping project.
Michieten88 wrote:The problem mate is that they are developing too slow ....
Michieten88 wrote:... I was sustaining them after the Scandinavia DLC , well everything new but after the release .... to wait another year for a new DLC - I was expecting for things to come quicker - every time 1 year and a couple of months for a serious map expansion...
What did you expect? Miracle workers? Please, readjust your expectations...

Look, the fact is that SCS has not only a map to develop, but this map also requires a TON of assets, all of which need to be modeled. I suspect that this will cost the most time, as we experience that we can spend hours on just ONE model. And the Scandinavia DLC added about one THOUSAND new models, and the France DLC seems to do the very same thing. Do you have ANY idea how much time and effort that costs? We glady use most of the asset work SCS has done, especially from the Scandinavia DLC (those bridges and rocks are very useful!). We may be good at modeling signs, streetlights, electric pylons and even simple buildings, but we completely suck at modeling trees, bushes, rocks, etc. Since we focus most of our work on the mapping, things may look a bit more skewed when it comes to the work being put into the project. And you also seem to forget the most important notion about our relation with SCS:

Without SCS, there would be no ProMods
Heck, ProMods wouldn't be this good if SCS didn't up the quality of the assets and the mapping in the Scandinavia DLC.

What also plays a role is that our mapping team is simply bigger than SCS's crew for Europe. We expand quicker simply because we have more man-power. You can add two and two together to see the obvious outcome of that...

On a side note: since I'm in between my study and a job, I spent like six to eight hours a day on developing this mod. I do expect my pace to slow down once I found a job. Most other team members are not as fortunate to have that much time on their hands at the moment...

And to conclude:
Michieten88 wrote:Any idea in which month do u want to deliver us some new stuff?
:)
We can't tell you, because honestly, we don't know either. I can't repeat this often enough. As always:

It will be ready when it's ready.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information