ETS 2 version 1.24 compatibility

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Cool Hip Dude

13 Jun 2016 22:23

Zniwek wrote:http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12784
http://promods.net/compat.php

And many other posts about it. First read, then post.
I am not a bloody mindreader !!!! How was I supposed to know that other people too were experiencing problems with ETS 1.24 and ProMods v. 2.02 ??????

Vøytek
Developer

13 Jun 2016 22:26

You visit this forum. It's hard to not see it. Me and many other users did see others having this problem :)
Also, there is "Search" in the right corner and you should see at least 1st page of Gameplay issues, to see if somebody reported similar problem in last day or two ;)

Anyway, I don't understand why any of you reported it. Reporting bugs that can be missed by many people (you drive a road that no one did earlier or just missed a bug) is very useful! But if game is updated to 1.24 and we all (PM team too ;)) see that it's incompatible, then there's no point in reporting it. You just can't miss it, right? That's not a single problem that only you have and I think you knew this before you decided to write about it. Especially that it was set as incompatible on purpose :)

Also, compatibility page always states what game version is each map version compatible with.

And, as I said, first read, then post. That's the same rule as very-well known (at least in Poland) "Think before you speak".

That are this forum rules. You shouldn't report the same issue that somebody reported. And to achieve this, you have to make at least a little research and see who posted what :)

So, that's why I'm sure that you should've spend a minute or two to just go through latest threads. You don't have to read minds. Reading the posts is enough ;) But that's just my opinion.

I don't want to be rude - just saying how everybody should act here. When I was posting issues here in the past, I was always doing things that I wrote above because that's how it should be done in the best way to help the devs and ourselves.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

exdriver650
Donation rank:

14 Jun 2016 11:18

Hi,
It appears that Steam have changed or updated ETS2 and now my latest version of promods, with hotfix 3, is totally incompatible with the game. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Best wishes,
Bill

Vøytek
Developer

14 Jun 2016 12:12

Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Velaja

15 Jun 2016 11:08

Hi.

I just have installed ETS2 to my very new gaming Notebook.
I downloaded Promods right after it and installed the mod, included the EXTRA-Package with Trailers and stuff. Everything in my Mods Folder is from Promods now.
After i have installed the mod, the ingame Mod Manager tells me, Promods isn't compatible with my game. :/ On my Computer it works fine...

Even the Hotfix is installed, but the mod still isn't useable. :/
How can i fix it?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

15 Jun 2016 11:22

The answer is that it is indeed not compatible, and you are seeing our security measures against running ProMods on the wrong game version.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Velaja

15 Jun 2016 11:36

Uhm .. Is there a fix right in work?
Playing ETS2 without Promods is .. meh. :?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

15 Jun 2016 12:38

Not yet. This isn't something we can solve with a simple hotfix...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2016 19:26

it can be fixed using ETS 1.23.x version on steam choosing betas and 1.23.x temporary.. or.. just wait for new promods version.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Cool Hip Dude

16 Jun 2016 19:00

Velaja wrote:Hi.

I just have installed ETS2 to my very new gaming Notebook.
I downloaded Promods right after it and installed the mod, included the EXTRA-Package with Trailers and stuff. Everything in my Mods Folder is from Promods now.
After i have installed the mod, the ingame Mod Manager tells me, Promods isn't compatible with my game. :/ On my Computer it works fine...

Even the Hotfix is installed, but the mod still isn't useable. :/
How can i fix it?
======================================================================================================

I too had the same problem as in the picture above.

ProMods v. 2.02 is not compatible with ETS 2 v. 1.24.2.2, but I have confirmed that ProMods v. 2.02 IS COMPATIBLE with ETS 2 v. 1.23.

To have ProMods v. 2.02 working with ETS 2 v. 1.23, right-click on "Euro Truck Simulator 2" in your Steam games library, left-click on 'Properties', click on the 'BETAS' tab, select the 'temporary_1_23 - 1.23.x for incompatible mods' entry and then click on 'Close'.

v. 2.02 should now be working with ETS 2 v. 1.23, but downgrading to v. 1.23 will also stop the National Window Flags Pack DLC from being loaded if you happen to have it already installed, and some of your game saves will also be rendered incompatible too and you may have to go back to an earlier game save too.

CoolHipDude 8-)
Last edited by ETS2-User on 16 Jun 2016 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote pictures

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information