"Confirmed" cities [2.10]

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Vøytek
Developer

12 Jul 2016 11:26

Well, that's why I'd like to see what will happen if devs share nothing and then we release 2.2. I'm almost sure you'll be like "Wow! It's finally here, let's see what awesome stuff is there!" ;) And as you read the list of cities, your smile gets bigger and bigger and you can't wait to drive there. You just download the map and play, so you have to wait like 10 minutes. But if a screenshot of Eindhoven was shown in, let's say, January, then you have to wait at least half a year and you can lose the hype already.

That's just my opinion, no problem if you don't agree with it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Peterson

12 Jul 2016 11:30

10 minutes? I can only dream...
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Vøytek
Developer

12 Jul 2016 11:37

How slow is your internet connection then? I think it's possible to download it in 10 minutes but that was just estimated time ;)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Peterson

12 Jul 2016 12:44

1,1-1,2 Mb/s. Or approx. 16-18h of net time to download GTA V. Yes, it's that "slow".

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Vøytek
Developer

12 Jul 2016 12:48

Oh, it's bad then. But it was much worse in the past. Can't imagine downloading every beta version we are testing like 10 years ago. 100MB in 13 minutes if I remember correctly (maybe my connection was like that or Rapidshare free download speed).

Okay, enough offtopic. Post your thoughts about what's coming ;)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Peterson

12 Jul 2016 13:07

Ummmm... TT racing? I'm going to smash that Isle of Man record. Yes.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2016 14:49

Zniwek wrote:Well, that's why I'd like to see what will happen if devs share nothing and then we release 2.2. I'm almost sure you'll be like "Wow! It's finally here, let's see what awesome stuff is there!" ;) And as you read the list of cities, your smile gets bigger and bigger and you can't wait to drive there. You just download the map and play, so you have to wait like 10 minutes. But if a screenshot of Eindhoven was shown in, let's say, January, then you have to wait at least half a year and you can lose the hype already.

That's just my opinion, no problem if you don't agree with it.
Yeah, I disagree. A show excites me more if I see trailers, as I understand what it is about, and whether it appeals to me. Each to their own I guess.

DragonSpirit
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2016 18:49

On 1 side I say i like to know, on otherhand I say I do not wanna know and be surprised, as some alreay pointed out, if something along the way of making and expanding the map doesn't work as well and that part has to be postponed then it is a bummer if it was a "confirmed for release xxx" The only time it will be sure is when it is finished and released.
I rather see a list then of what is done and added for that version.

That there are wishes from people and makers themselves is great and also good to keep track of.
But if a city or building is not in the release when it was said then some are gonna say "but you said that..." or "you promised that..."

Not sure if the makers give themselves pressure by sharing which will be in next version... If so then don't share until it's done and ready for release to keep your pressure low as possible.

When writing this down... I like the suprises so i would go for that. ;)
My PC Specs: *Mobo: MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC B350 *CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8core) 3,4 GHz (3,8 GHz Turbo Boost) *Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR4-2666 Kit
*GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G *HDD: Hitachi 1TB SATA *PSU: 850Watt *Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter *OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2016 18:57

So when the player drives to Bailiwick of Jersey, the player will have to drive on the left side of the road correct?

Peterson

12 Jul 2016 19:11

Yes. And I suppose that he will have to speak french too.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information