is this a virus mod?? (im not the only one with this)

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ron_Lq

10 Sep 2016 22:52

Wasn't planed it yet, but I just downloaded all 7 files

EASILY

without ads, shmeds: click - open page, click - Download, click - save file - that's it ! All the Seven...
It's craziness...

What's you who suffer, what's browser ??? Use Firefox with NoScript and any AdBlock add-on.
AVG - - - - - - OUT OF PC !!! EVER !!!
Microsoft Security Essentials - that's it, that's all you need (if you're on Win) ... gosh...
There are 7 map files ONLY that you need to run PM and one DEF file. You don't need test file, don't need trailers - only these 7 (8 with def) files...

and ones again

NO ANY SIGN OF VIRUSES HERE
Last edited by ron_Lq on 10 Sep 2016 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

ETS2-User
Developer

10 Sep 2016 23:01

Al Kapwn wrote:I can't even access any of the download pages on the adfly sites. This is freaking ridiculous, I know you need support for all the hard work you do but the amount of bullshit you need to go through just isn't worth it! I was really excited to try out this mod, but I won't be playing it because I have to get around all these ridiculous malicious websites! Please re-evaluate the downloading process so we don't have this hurdle to get around.
That's typical adf.ly behaviour if you got an adblocker installed. Deactivate it for adf.ly and you'll be fine.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

ron_Lq

10 Sep 2016 23:08

Need to make a short video how to download and unarchive files...

spinner
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2016 23:29

marcf wrote:
I'm actually getting pretty annoyed with many of the sites people are using to share mods, I'm currently downloading v2.11 and I get a multitude of popups for each file I download (once for clicking on "Skip Ad" on AdFly, and another for clicking "Download now" on zippyshare, x 7 files.

Downloading 7z.002 I get a warning that AVG is blocking files as they're viruses (not the 7z file), and I'm sure I've not clicked on any of the ads, only the Skip Ad and Download file (promods.7z.x, not any of the fake download buttons)
Also one of the popups started speaking that I had a virus and had to immediately call a certain phone number to fix this (obviously fake)

I know promods stand to make a small amount of money via sharing on these sites, but the amount of ads an popups, and how bad some of them can be is terrible.
I should not be avoiding viruses just to download a mod for a game, are there no file sharing websites that don't have malware involved?
Which makes the option of payng $1USD for a fast download without any of these potential issues , seem like really good value for money , don't you think ?. And you get that warm fuzzy feeling of rewarding the Promods team for all of their hard work. ;)

Callipso
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2016 00:35

marcf wrote: I should not be avoiding viruses just to download a mod for a game, are there no file sharing websites that don't have malware involved?
No site that is going to give you downloads for free is going to not have advertisements on them somewhere. These sites need income to stay alive and adverts provide that money to keep that free service going.

There is however a site that will give you a download without Ads its the payloadz link that requires $1 USD to use. If you are so completely fed up with ads then pay the small amount of money and not deal with them. simple as that.

ScuL
Founder

11 Sep 2016 03:51

Al Kapwn wrote:I can't even access any of the download pages on the adfly sites. This is freaking ridiculous, I know you need support for all the hard work you do but the amount of bullshit you need to go through just isn't worth it! I was really excited to try out this mod, but I won't be playing it because I have to get around all these ridiculous malicious websites! Please re-evaluate the downloading process so we don't have this hurdle to get around.
If you want the way of the least resistance, use the paid links.

Otherwise your comments are invalid.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

marcf
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2016 06:13

Callipso wrote:
marcf wrote: I should not be avoiding viruses just to download a mod for a game, are there no file sharing websites that don't have malware involved?
No site that is going to give you downloads for free is going to not have advertisements on them somewhere. These sites need income to stay alive and adverts provide that money to keep that free service going.

There is however a site that will give you a download without Ads its the payloadz link that requires $1 USD to use. If you are so completely fed up with ads then pay the small amount of money and not deal with them. simple as that.
My comments are more aimed at the amount of malware on zippyshare and those type of sites, not the legitmate advertisments

ScuL
Founder

11 Sep 2016 06:50

Zippyshare does not contain any malware
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

kamikazee54

11 Sep 2016 12:19

ScuL wrote:
If you want the way of the least resistance, use the paid links.

Otherwise your comments are invalid.
Well actually he doesn't have to pay for no advert link. As i wrote here, use download manager (for me Jdownloader2 is best), you just copy adfly links that are given on download page(no opening, just copying them) and it will automaticly load zippyshare links without waiting and you can start downloading. No risk, No wait, No pay, totaly free.

ScuL
Founder

11 Sep 2016 13:49

Yea but that's ungrateful to us as those ads will not be displayed

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information