Well I left the boat

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Timopm

28 Feb 2014 21:04

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:
Timopm wrote:This is nonsense in both the user's view and application's view.
To use the term "nonsense" is both rude and condescending. It would have been both more polite and technically accurate to simply say that it is "incomplete" or "not entirely correct."

The simple fact is that in ~99% of the cases, a typical User would not have used Shift-Delete to remove a file and/or folder, in which case the situation for recovery remains valid and licit.

Likewise it is rare that any typical User would have reconfigured their system to avoid the Recycle Bin...

Finally yes, there are some truly powerful tools available that would allow a 'power user' to recover files that for whatever reason have become disconnected with the address table, but that too is well beyond the pale of the typical user.

Despite over fifty years of involvement with computers both at the hardware and programming level, I am still learning new things everyday. :ugeek:
I'm not a native English speaker, so may be the word "nonsense" gets a different meaning during translation. Anyway, you're talking about "rare" and "99% of the cases", while in your original post it said "no file is ever deleted", even with the emphasis. Which is just completely false. After fifty years of programming, it should be clear that if files disappear from a folder managed by an application they won't magically go to the recycling bin in case of an error.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2014 20:20

No problem. Yes, I did overstate the case, "almost never" would have been much more accurate.

Anyway, you are similarly guilty by using the noun "nonsense," since clearly there is some sense after all. Hóper édei deîxai (Greek for Quod erat demonstrandum)... :ugeek:

Tit-for-tat then... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information