¿Harder border crossings?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
PirriAND

21 Aug 2016 18:31

Hi.

I was thinking that crossing the border in ProMods is quite easy. I mean yes, in some Schengen border crossings, you NEVER stop. But, in some borders in other parts of Europe, cars get stopped and asked to open the trunk, ask if they have something to declare at customs and so on. Buses and trucks get even more looked after. So i was wondering, is there anything possibility if ProMods can do kind of like a "toll" or any more realistic features when crossing the border?

Something SIMILAR to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJShfsMxlO4

TJ87
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2016 21:08

PirriAND wrote:Hi.

I was thinking that crossing the border in ProMods is quite easy. I mean yes, in some Schengen border crossings, you NEVER stop. But, in some borders in other parts of Europe, cars get stopped and asked to open the trunk, ask if they have something to declare at customs and so on. Buses and trucks get even more looked after. So i was wondering, is there anything possibility if ProMods can do kind of like a "toll" or any more realistic features when crossing the border?

It give some borders in ProMods,i drove over 1 000 000km on ProMods, and seen this borders
in few places
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198295727630]Image[/url]
Image Image

FishyCat

22 Aug 2016 00:51

PirriAND wrote:Hi.

I agree, like the borders on the Norwegian - Russian border in-game, they have FOUR stops :) Would like to see that in rest of Europe also.

ScuL
Founder

22 Aug 2016 01:51

In all Schengen countries borders are open and there is no need to stop
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

EG0611

22 Aug 2016 04:44

Actually I had an idea about borders and I made this: Details are on video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAKJ5yob1oE

As Skul said it is not necessary for Schengen region but for Non-EU countries like TR, Russia or Ukranie, it can be used.

PirriAND

22 Aug 2016 12:22

We could have a barrier like the one we get in tolls for example. That opens after 3 min, and then closes again after you pass through it. So it resembles that while you wait, you are talking to the border police and handing out documents.
Also, you could make a script where your truck is taken to "Further inspection" at customs.

ScuL wrote:In all Schengen countries borders are open and there is no need to stop
I wasn't talking about Schengen countries. I was talking about other countries such as mine for example, that in real life is NOT that easy to get in with a truck. Also, some countries in Schengen don't stop you at the border BUT, there is a massive Police checkpoint a few km after the border where they check your ID and stuff like that. I have witness that many times not only in after crossing some areas of the Spanish - French border but also the Spanish - Portuguese border.

So, crossing into Andorra with a Truck is NOT easy... In this picture you can see how the truck is pulling over to get inspection by Andorra police.

And don't even get me started on Spanish and French customs officers when they stop trucks.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information