ProMods - One Big Bug.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
mereman

11 Mar 2014 14:03

Nico wrote:Woke up with this... before my breakfast :p

I will still have to decide if I should move this to not a bug or questions and feeback.....

How about putting it in "Share the Love" :mrgreen:

Don't take it to heart Nico I would guess that the rest of us are very happy with Pro Mod and all the hard work you all put in for us.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2014 15:41

hehe I don't take it hard... :lol:

That is why I made this "rant" that should also be funny for others to read. At least it made me smile to write it :oops:
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Kutchek

11 Mar 2014 16:45

I am happy to live in the countryside. At least the roads are not complicated like that. Just a little cross from time to time! :lol:

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2014 19:23

One Big Bug :?: :lol: . It's not the map's fault! Yes, a higher spec PC with plenty of RAM will certainly help (I have a quad-core with 8gb RAM), but most important is a quality graphics card (€100+). It really is worth the money, as you'll see a huge increase in visual performance. With a low-end card you'll get big FPS drops, especially with heavy AI traffic, and a lot of vehicle lights on screen is another cause.
You'll also get delayed AI spawning. In other words, the more the GPU has to deal with, the slower it functions.

"Lines on the road are visible only 50 m ahead, above they vanish". This is due to a low setting of the Anisotropic filtering - the higher the setting, the more detailed distant objects will appear to be. Again, requires a high-end graphics card to enjoy the best effects.

MandelSoft: So is the Graverly Hill Junction one of your future mapping projects? :lol: ;)
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

11 Mar 2014 20:02

cashtime2013 wrote:MandelSoft: So is the Graverly Hill Junction one of your future mapping projects? :lol: ;)
Who knows, I might want to try to get one in; the M5 and M6 near Birmingham are looking too rural, we need some grim urban development there! :lol:

But in time, in time...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2014 20:24

Hehe..... only joking though! You guys have enough to do getting your map ready for the new patch. Some of the ProMods Scandinavian junctions are quite complicated. Have you been able to test the new AI on them yet?
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

VendorX

12 Mar 2014 01:44

cashtime2013 wrote:One Big Bug :?: :lol: . It's not the map's fault! Yes, a higher spec PC with plenty of RAM will certainly help (I have a quad-core with 8gb RAM), but most important is a quality graphics card (€100+). It really is worth the money, as you'll see a huge increase in visual performance. With a low-end card you'll get big FPS drops, especially with heavy AI traffic, and a lot of vehicle lights on screen is another cause.
You'll also get delayed AI spawning. In other words, the more the GPU has to deal with, the slower it functions.

"Lines on the road are visible only 50 m ahead, above they vanish". This is due to a low setting of the Anisotropic filtering - the higher the setting, the more detailed distant objects will appear to be. Again, requires a high-end graphics card to enjoy the best effects.

MandelSoft: So is the Graverly Hill Junction one of your future mapping projects? :lol: ;)
Well, I have HP Envy (CPU is a I7 quad-core, 16GB RAM and ATI 7 series GPU) and game without mod runs smoothly with 40-50 fps, but with mod enabled only 15-22 (Sky becomes gray, no weather and AI is going crazy - not to mention what happens with GPS on some junctions etc.). So, it's not my PC - is mod it self.
Besides, there is a city in Sweden with two cross roads - one on the other - and you should see what happens with AI ...
Locations looks good, but ... The wrong execution of the right idea.

Mod disabled - thanks for 'no help'.
Sorry for wasting your time and your f****** breakfast.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2014 08:43

lol you were asking for help??? :lol: didn't see that

Oh and something must be seriously messed with your PC. I "just" have an AMD FX6100 and 8 gb of Ram and I can run the game in smooth 60fps all the time....

and again, navigation is something we can't influence. Ask SCS for that. Some prefabs have dissapearing traffic but if you make 1300 prefabs it could be very possible that 5-10 are not working perfectly.

This time you didn't ruin my breakfast, I just skipped it and went straight to dinner.
Mod disabled
Seems like a perfect plan. IF you don't want it than don't get it. We don't force you to use it, luckely we got thousands of others who do want to get it.

Spooky

12 Mar 2014 10:02

Nico wrote:... run the game in smooth 60fps all the time....
Off topic, but how do you tell what your fps is???

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2014 10:05

Typ in the console: g_fps 1

Or change in the config.cfg g_fps "0" to g_fps "1"

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information