What exactly is ProMods? (This should be a sticky)

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
WarthogCC

13 Sep 2016 07:56

The site doesn't really explain what ProMods is. There should be a sticky post at the top called "What is ProMods?" or something like that.

Is it an all around makeover mod? Is it a map mod? Is it a graphics mod? I don't know. Can't seem to find an answer. All I see are posts regarding updates. But they don't really give a synopsis of what ProMods is and a list of what it contains. So I ask you gentlemen (and ladies if there are any) ProMod developers.

What exactly is ProMods?

mbman212
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2016 09:06

ProMods is a map expansion mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

CAPLV
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2016 10:15

http://promods.net/compat.php

there is full list of mod content.. as said - Promods is a map mod for ETS2 with east+north expansions dlc`s, also compatible with some other map mods.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

spinner
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2016 10:26

Good old Google ;)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2016 10:29

Well, that's cool
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ETS2-User
Developer

13 Sep 2016 10:50

"Many months" :lol:
Not even 2.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Drive Safely

13 Sep 2016 11:07

ProMods is a map mod that enhances and rebuilds some of the cities in the game, and also expands the map so you can drive in other countries and cities not present in the standard game.

There's plenty of custom content that it brings like new building models, animated models (movers), real fuel stations, real signage, real interchanges and real road layouts, real companies, new drop off points, some new environment sounds and some additional trailers, some new realistic climates and some real street lamp colors in Germany, some new video billboards and some new terrains, some new landscapes and some new planes, some new hidden roads and some new trains, some road accidents to see, some new vegetation and some interesting scenic roads, all available for to you to download right on this website.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2016 11:16

To get to the point of the title.
I don't think this should be sticky. The forum, blog, Facebook and Twitter themselves perfectly describe what ProMods is. People can read enough about it on all those media.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

mezz1983

13 Sep 2016 12:16

I'm new to ETS2 and ProMods so first off like to say congrats to Devs you do an excellent job! I came across ProMods via Social media so don't think any "What is ProMods" post is needed as let's face it if you found your way here then you clearly looking for this in particular aren't you?

STURM_KATTEN

29 Feb 2020 15:44

Hi, I'm new to 'Promods'. To be honest, there wasn't any description of what Promods is. Being a modder and mod user myself, I was half expecting the files to be binaries or masters or even a mod manager, which enable installation of mods for ETS2. That's my honest assumption, because it didn't say what it was!

I paid for my download too, okay, so no nastyness please. But if there is (and I'm not trying to say there isn't) a description of what Promods is, then the only way I found out was in the readme AFTER installing the files! :D

Where I think it's throwing a lot of people off, is that the tab in the homepage is called "Download" and that is a very vague title. If it was called "mod" or "mods" then when we click on it, it takes us to the explanation, listing details of what the mod is, with a link to "DOWNLOAD" the mod then that would eliminate all the confusion immediately. For those who managed to be lucky enough to notice an explanation straight away, then congrats, but I myself did not see anything. I just thought I had to install promods in order to use mods on the site, much like Nexusmods, with its Vortex mod manager, for example.

Sorry I didn't notice anything first hand, but that's just my feedback and I hope everyone has a good day :) Thanks

EDIT: I could have mentioned this when posting this initially, but I'd just like to say that having given the mod a try, I love the signs and the intricate roads that have been added. This really is a massive addition to the map; Iceland, higher Norway and Sweden! Plus many, many other locations added! It is such a small donation to give for the complete file download and I could have been much happy to have given more money for this mod. For now, I'd like to say a massive thank you and give my appreciation and respect to those guys who have made this mod with care and such attention to detail. Thank you so much for this. <3 If anyone is thinking of giving this mod a try, I highly recommend the $1 download and follow the guide which can be found here in the forum's sticky threads. Be sure to scroll down to the full instructions and you can follow the step-by-step instructions.

When you download the files, you will be able to open them after extracting with 7zip. Therein are readme's which explain what the mod is and also, you can browse through the actual assets; models and textures and map additions, etc. There is lots of content within this mod and you can see exactly what the files are after extracting them. The files you need to put into the ETS mod folder are explained in the guide and my file path to my mod file directory is 'this pc'\documents\ETS2\mod. You will notice that even loading screens in the game are modded! Nice touch :)

I'm off now to add some sound files woo! Keep on truckin' <phwarp - phwarp!>
Last edited by STURM_KATTEN on 01 Mar 2020 22:17, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information