Horrible stutters when ProMods objects are loading

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
keem85
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2016 08:29

Hi guys

Been using ProMods for quite some time.. About a year ago I didn't have any problems at all.. I decided to try ETS2 again, and now it stutters horribly when ProMods Objects are loading. It doesn't matter wether I turn Down the scaling, or set it to low or high/ultra. It stutters anyways.

To make sure it's actually ProMods that is causing this, I've tried ETS2 With and without ProMods, to verify.. Is this a known issue With Your latest ProMods?

Rig:
Haswell MOBO
Intel i7 4770k Watercooled at 4.5
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb ram
MSI Geforce GTX1080 Gaming X
Windows 10 Pro x64

Mods:
Promods with accessories and truck brand
Piva weather
Environment sounds 1.5
Fael pack
Scania T
Scania RJL modification
Scania v8 sound
Sisl mega pack

Vøytek
Developer

25 Oct 2016 09:35

It shouldn't be a problem with such hardware but Barcelona and Bilbao have performance issues that probably happen on every PC.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

keem85
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2016 09:37

Zniwek wrote:It shouldn't be a problem with such hardware but Barcelona and Bilbao have performance issues that probably happen on every PC.
Hmm.. Any idea what might cause this then? I experience it in almost every cities and Advanced Junctions.. Hamburg for example.. Lindkoping, le mans, oslo etc.. Not sure if it's any of my other mods clashing With ProMods, or if it is the mod order that is the problem? I have promods files at the top, and promods AddOns at bottom.. Every other mods in between.

Vøytek
Developer

25 Oct 2016 09:43

Well, my PC is

Core i7 860 2,8GHz
4 GB RAM
Zotac GTX 660
W7 x64
and my game + mod files are on SSD obviously

1440x900, 125% scaling, high-mid settings. I have issues in those 2 cities in Spain + Berlin, Frankfurt. Other cities work kinda well, always dropping below 60 but it's playable.

ProMods includes thousands more assets than base game so it can cause drops that devs try to optimize.
I'm not that experienced with SCS engine, so I think some of our experts have to explain it ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

ETS2-User
Developer

25 Oct 2016 10:07

Since you mentioned Oslo; we've hardly touched the SCS part of Norway at all in 2.1. I got no idea what causes your lags but I can tell you that Oslo is a standard city from DLC Scandinavia.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

keem85
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2016 10:42

ETS2-User wrote:Since you mentioned Oslo; we've hardly touched the SCS part of Norway at all in 2.1. I got no idea what causes your lags but I can tell you that Oslo is a standard city from DLC Scandinavia.
I didn't notice quite that much around there.. I just wrote down cities I have visited recently that came to my mind (And OSLO is my main garage).. I deactivated promods and visited other places, like Germany and many parts of Sweden, and the stutter was gone. Then it started to stutter insanely again after reactivating ProMods.. I don't know what causes it

LoaderSaints

25 Oct 2016 11:32

Can you post your game.log from a session where you experience stuttering?

keem85
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2016 11:42

LoaderSaints wrote:Can you post your game.log from a session where you experience stuttering?
Yeah will do that when I play the next time (At work now). is the log file in the documents folder?

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2016 11:50

Just an idea: try it in 64 bit version if you usually ran it in 32 or inverse if the other way around. I once had a similar problem when out of the blue sky the game started to stutter like hell. I still don't know why it happened, but for me it solved it.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

daelf

25 Oct 2016 17:20

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:Just an idea: try it in 64 bit version if you usually ran it in 32 or inverse if the other way around. I once had a similar problem when out of the blue sky the game started to stutter like hell. I still don't know why it happened, but for me it solved it.
Brilliant, thank you! Recently upgraded to a new PC and couldn't understand why aspects of the performance has deteriorated, with occasional CTDs. Seems to have improved now I've forced Steam to load the 64-bit version :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information