Retroreflective Signs?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ThatYorkshireman
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2016 12:55

A looong time ago there was a mod that added a retroreflective effect to the road signs, this only worked for the vanilla signs however. Now Promods has glorious new signage, will we be seeing this effect added to the road signs? Currently, driving at night is immersion breaking, when you can't read any of the unlit road signs. Countless many times have I missed speed limits and such because you can't read the sign until you are less than 100m away. :P

I'm not sure about other countries, but in the U.K the vast majority (maybe even all) of road signs are retroreflective. At least the reflector post are reflecting light though! :)

Cheers.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2016 20:46

You'd think that be in the base game, right? Great idea, but not sure whether this is something ProMods would do (it's probably not a map related thing, more like a script edit).

123Goh!
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 00:30

Thats' a good idea , I can hardly read traffic signs at night.

Callipso
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 03:51

I think they have added some lighted signs in Poland that might be something to work into other countries for nighttime driving. Mostly the arrow direction pointers, though its at least something to be able to make out a dangerous curve in your way. These ideas might be more work than the devs want to put into signage though.

ThatYorkshireman
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2016 14:27

If I remember correctly, the original mod author said that he had to use Blender to add a certain .mat to the signs. So it is likely that doing all of the signs is just a matter of how complex of a process it is to do it and how much time it takes to do all the relevant signs.

ScuL
Founder

03 Nov 2016 01:55

All I can say is that we have a LOT of signs.. thousands..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information