World of Trucks

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
VolvoRacing

25 Nov 2016 11:56

Hey, I tried search, but it won't accept words world of trucks.
I have scandinavia&go east dlcs and recently logged in World of Trucks too.
Problem is when I tried to take ferry puttgarden to rodbyhavn, WoT tells that cannot sync and return me back to puttgarden. So is Promods compatible with WoT and is there anything that I can do to fix this or just not log in to WoT?
And do I lose my profile if not log in to WoT? :oops:
Sorry my english and thank you bigtime for this mod!

LoaderSaints

25 Nov 2016 13:39

You can have your profile linked to a WOTR account but if using ProMods it is not recommended to take any WOTR contracts in-game, just use the standard Freight Market jobs instead. This is due to ProMods map being different from the vanilla map so not all companies in some cities are the same and therefore the game may crash. ;)

VolvoRacing

25 Nov 2016 13:45

Thanks for answering, I cancel job and immedeatly tried ferry again with no gargo and get to rodbyhavn. :oops:

VolvoRacing

07 Dec 2016 19:19

I tried to not to sign WOTR and everything was fine!
But when I tried 1.26 update with test profile(!) without promods, then roll back to 1.25 and add promods back, it cleared every yellow places of map (0%). So don't do that at home folks :)
Downside of losing WOTR is unable to log on truckersMP.
So, will wait nicely to promods update, thanks for keep doing a great job all of you!

Rabok
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2017 20:38

Since WOT and ProMods aren't compatible, due to WOT requiring the vanilla version of ETS2, just disable ProMods whenever you want to use WOT. But who actually wants to use WOT, where only unmodded trucks are allowed and speed is limited to 90 km/h? ProMods offers so much more variety, interesting and often very difficult routes to navigate, challenging cargoes and an all-round better gaming experience. After having used ProMods for some time I went back to the vanilla offering to complete the WOT Xmas gift challenges, but now cannot wait to go and load ProMods again - the basic ETS2, even with all the DLC's enabled, still pales in comparison to ProMods. Thanks guys, I don't know how you did it, but I've learned (and am still learning) a lot about European cities and how everything links up in Europe. (As you can guess, I'm not from Europe). Greetings from Johannesburg, South Africa!

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2017 23:58

World of Trucks does allow modded trucks, as I've done some of their events with truck mods.
What it doesn't allow is map mods as your position has to match with their copy of the vanilla map that is on their servers.
The speed limiter and prohibition of map mods is part of their way to ensure that everyone is on a level playing field with each other while doing the External Contracts.

For those that want to play with WoT/TruckersMP, and ProMods, it is recommended that you use separate profiles.
I run two profiles, one with ProMods installed and one that is the vanilla map which I've connected to WoT.
You can still use AI Traffic mods, scenery mods (Frosty Winter for example), and most other mods without causing problems with WoT.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

28 Dec 2017 07:54

By the way, completing the Christmas event without disabling ProMods is definitely possible if you own DLC Italy. I did it yesterday.

You're probably only really going to have issues if you drive through Germany, Belgium or Poland.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Xario

31 Dec 2017 14:21

It's also possible to do in most parts of the map.You just need to watch out not to choose a job with no route preview on the map as thats one that will crash the game. And also no ferries od trains. I've done the whole thing with promods installed and all over the map.

Feek

31 Dec 2017 16:32

jdenm8 wrote:
28 Dec 2017 07:54
By the way, completing the Christmas event without disabling ProMods is definitely possible if you own DLC Italy. I did it yesterday.

You're probably only really going to have issues if you drive through Germany, Belgium or Poland.
I did most of my Christmas event drives through Germany and Poland, only heading west to France for the last two or three drives. That's with every DLC installed and ProMods.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information