Horrible DL speed for paying option

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SwedishElk

13 Dec 2016 21:35

Ok, fine I'm happy to pay to support you on the development. But the download speed is totaly crazy, actually tried to download the fee packages, and it's faster then download the fulll package.

250-300 KB/s is not ok for paying, and I'm on a 1000/1000 connection.

ETS2-User
Developer

13 Dec 2016 22:55

You're paying the host of the server, not us. Must have been connection issues to the server or I don't know. We can't do anything about that.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Callipso
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2016 00:40

Just because your connection is rated at 1000 doesn't mean that is whats coming through your wires. Often your ISP will simply advertise the high rate of speed to get you to buy their service, what they actually may give you is a fraction of the actual advertised amount. Another may be that you aren't paying for the "higher" rate of speed so they restrict your down rate on their end of the line. There are other even more arbitrary rules that ISPs set up to give your less speed.

if you don't think this is the reason for the slowdown then there is a long list of other reasons that you may be getting lower speeds that are related to connectivity and network traffic. All of these are not the fault or caused by Promods they occur outside of this site and no one here can really fix those problems nor should they.

ScuL
Founder

14 Dec 2016 02:16

I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information