1.6 feedback

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
marcus300zx
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2014 23:26

Just had a delivery from Swansea to Oslo and it was great. Wow Oslo feel huge compared to the games normal cities.

Onbly notices a few things and not sure which are SCS or which are Promods.

The AI Trucks in the UK we all Left Hand Drive
The Small Roundabouts, especially in Oslo were chaos, it was quite funny to watch but really hard to get round without somebody ramming you.
None of the Fuel Stations were branded. May be a conflict with a mod I have, I don't know.

Overall I am liking 1.9 and promods 1.6 :)

Randleman

27 Mar 2014 23:36

Hello ProMods team.
Yes I know, I have already said this, but you guys do make this game much more enjoyable than it already is.
I love your mod, I have been driving through Scandinavia for in 1.6 for a few hours now and I just love it, absolutely love it.
For some reason I prefer Norway, though. I don't know what it is but I love driving in Norway, the scenery is SO nice.
But driving in Scandinavia is so much fun, narrow roads, exciting roads, beautiful scenery, lots of roundabouts (love those) and I could go on.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a decent spot to stop in Norway because all the gasstations were on the left-hand side of the road and I wasn't allowed to make a left turn there.
So I made a picture of me taking a little break to smoke a cigarette and stretch my legs on a little parking spot just after the Norwegian-Swedish border and just outside of Karlstad, Sweden when driving from Oslo, Norway to Linköping, Sweden.

Here's my Renault Premium carrying a "БМ-21 Град" (BM-21 Grad).

And this is just beautiful right here, I had to slam the brakes to take a picture because this was too beautiful to pass by. Here I am again in Sweden next to this BEAUTIFUL lake.

(Yes I know my graphics suck, I spent my money on a new car and not on a computer - And yes, my game is set in Dutch, that's because I am practicing my Dutch for my job, I will be working at the Russian consulate in Holland very soon).

So yeah, conclusion: Promods, once again you did an amazing job and I'd like to say:
Thank you,
Hartelijk bedankt,
Herzlichen Dank,
Merci beaucoup,
Большое спасибо

seannie150

28 Mar 2014 12:01

Your graphics are not bad at all! I've seen far far worse. To the Promods team: thanks for this great update!

fleurenf

28 Mar 2014 12:27

Congrats ProMods Team,

A truly awesome mod 8-)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2014 12:54

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:I just delivered my first load to a Lidl, and I'll tell you right now that was the single most challenging delivery I've ever made! It's bloody HARD to back your load down a very narrow ramp to the receiving dock, especially since it cannot be done with a single move with all of the parked cars you have to avoid damaging!
It can be done in one move without getting dangerously close to the cars (tip: start right up against the curb at the grass on the left), but I can only do it with a "normal" reefer or curtain-sided trailer (and a left hand drive truck). With the streamliner I need to make a correction to get it in straight (I'm a bit OCD when it comes to this). I haven't attempted it with a right hand drive truck yet. The original, stand-alone mod broke before I got around to it.

If you want a real challenge, try a delivery to an "Europa" yard as this, basically, entails reversing through a Posped yard with crap in the way. :twisted:

Anyway, mad props to the mod team for releasing an updated map within 24hours of the public release of the ETS2 1.9 patch. Love your work! 8-)

Karloe

28 Mar 2014 15:12

Randleman wrote:<snip>Unfortunately I couldn't find a decent spot to stop in Norway because all the gasstations were on the left-hand side of the road and I wasn't allowed to make a left turn there.
<snip happened>
You can turn left, the sign is only for the "Exit" of the Gas station, the "Entrance" (2nd from your point of view) is clear to enter. (has something to do with unexpected incoming cars from an unexpected angle, even in real life.)

Bonapj

28 Mar 2014 16:24

Hi guys. Great mod, am enjoying the routes, however I did wonder if you have any idea when you might fix the Finland Stockholm Ferry Bug, I also understand from a previous post that there may be a similar problem with a Poland ferry. Am running a new profile till it is fixed as don't want to run up failed delivery costs with my hired drivers.
So to recap, any idea on when fix 1.6.1 will be out.

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2014 16:34

I ask this here, cause i don't know if this qould qualify as a bug or not.
Is it wanted that railroads are placed on the road in porthsmouth (the street at the ferry at least i think it was porthsmouth)? http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3575 ... mz_jpg.htm

And a question which makes more sense.
I have a few custom trailers made by myself (like http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3575 ... li_jpg.htm ) and just want to know, the changed prefabs for the in/out stuff with lidl & co are still using the normal folders from the vanilla companys for it, or do i have to create extra folders in the pack in exchange?
If that was already asked/answered somewhere just link to it.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

28 Mar 2014 17:08

Wolfpig wrote:I ask this here, cause i don't know if this qould qualify as a bug or not.
Is it wanted that railroads are placed on the road in porthsmouth (the street at the ferry at least i think it was porthsmouth)? http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3575 ... mz_jpg.htm
Yes, that's intentional. You can see some railways over roads in some port areas.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2014 19:38

Jan Verschueren wrote:It can be done in one move without getting dangerously close to the cars (tip: start right up against the curb at the grass on the left), but I can only do it with a "normal" reefer or curtain-sided trailer (and a left hand drive truck).
Thanks for the tip. I tried that and still had the problem of the trailer's wheels cutting too close to the ramp's retaining wall, so had to pull out and try again.

Because I'd never been there before, I did a "virtual walk around" via the "fly mode" so could plan my strategy for delivery.

I think I'll probably do a bunch of "Quick Jobs" concentrating on those for delivery to Lidl and Europa so I can get more practice... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information