Looking for Suggestions...My Google Search Powers Failed.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SkyWlf77
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2017 08:13

Hi all. I am new to ETS2 and ProMods. Over the last few days, I have searched dozens of websites, thousands of mods and more forum posts than I care to admit. I have been successful at finding a few things I was looking for, like RJL's Scania T, R/Streamline, and Sisu Mods as well as a KamAZ MegaMod that provided a nice set of heavy-haul truck options. However, I've been a bit less successful at finding others aspects I am hoping exist. If anyone has suggestions on these, please let know:

1) Oversize load mods: I am a heavy-haul fanatic. My father spent most of his trucking career hauling flatbed/dropdeck/lowboy trailers here in the U.S. and a lot of that was heavy-haul and wide loads. I did find Jazzycat's trailer packs, but I've found that they don't show up in the Freight Market very often and very few are actually wide loads (which I prefer for the challenge of navigating them around).

2) Off-Road areas in game: I love the concept of driving down a narrow dirt track to pick up a load of logs from a worksite in the forest. However, I have yet to come across this in-game and the only Map Mod that I've seen that has such a thing is the Southern Region Map, but I can't run it as it requires the Vive La France DLC that I do not have as of yet (I do have Scandinavia and Going East, however). Do these areas exist somewhere in ProMods I have yet to find? Or is there a slightly older version of the Southern Region Map Mod that includes these areas available somewhere for those of us without the France DLC?

3) Truck Dealer Information: I have found that I can purchase multiple versions of the same customized truck from a dealer -- as long as I do so BEFORE leaving the dealership. Once I leave, my customized rig disappears from the dealer inventory and I have to recreate it. As I have OCD, I like my trucks to share a common theme and be as close to identical as possible. Is there a way to save a customized truck for later purchase? (It's a bit unrealistic, not to mention expensive, to have to wait until I have purchased every single garage and every single upgrade and then buy the same truck 100+ times just to get the fleet to match and recreating the same truck over and over is quite time-consuming...)

4) Physics Mods?: I have found that the physics within the game are a bit...unrealistic...especially when considering traction levels. It seems that it takes a Herculean level of effort to lose traction and skid, even in the rain (I haven't gotten to snowy areas to test that yet) and even with less than optimal tire ratings. Also, the rapid level of braking found in-game by the AI traffic has been really difficult for me to adjust to. Is there a physics mod out there that changes (or allows one to adjust) tractive forces and/or AI traffic behavior to be more realistic? I do love the game as-is, but these changes would considerably enhance the experience.

5) Tutorial on how to Convert truck/trailer mods from 1.25.x to work in 1.26.x: I have found several truck and trailer mods that were designed for 1.25.x, but have not been updated for 1.26.x that I would like to use. I'd rather not bug someone for updates as I see that as inconsiderate, so I'd like to learn how to do the process myself (for personal use ONLY; I would NOT release the updates). Mirfi is a lot of help for converting map mods, but not for rolling stock mods :)

I realize that this is quite a bit to ask, especially for someone as new to the forum as I am. Any help at all, even on a single question, would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Jason

kReX

07 Jan 2017 08:58

SkyWlf77 wrote:2) Off-Road areas in game: I love the concept of driving down a narrow dirt track to pick up a load of logs from a worksite in the forest. However, I have yet to come across this in-game and the only Map Mod that I've seen that has such a thing is the Southern Region Map, but I can't run it as it requires the Vive La France DLC that I do not have as of yet (I do have Scandinavia and Going East, however). Do these areas exist somewhere in ProMods I have yet to find? Or is there a slightly older version of the Southern Region Map Mod that includes these areas available somewhere for those of us without the France DLC?
You can find one pretty long stretch of forest road somewhere in Poland (near Rzeszow IIRC). ;)
SLOVENIJA

SkyWlf77
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2017 09:32

Thank you, kReX! I will head there and start searching post-haste :) I'm hoping it's not something in v2.15 that I can't get to (running 2.12).

As a side note, I just now ran into - and read through - the Barents Sea Extension thread. I now have a priority to pick up the France DLC so I can run the most recent version of ProMods and get access to this area as it develops. I am drooling...

Now, I'm off to go search my house for something to sell to buy the DLC...

-Jason

ETS2-User
Developer

07 Jan 2017 10:40

Welcome! To some of your questions:
2) There are some offroad tracks in ProMods and RusMap too, but you need to find them. Many are not marked on the map. ;)
3) It is possible, but only via a mod. You need to fiddle with the truck dealer def files for this.
4) Be careful with Physics mods! They might cause problems as most don't consider a mapping feature called free node rotation which breaks the collision box of the roads a bit but is spread all over the map because it's practical and the original truck physics are designed to ignore it. Many physics mods aren't though, so your truck may just fly off the road for no visible reason.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

07 Jan 2017 12:25

5. Check for relevant conversion information here: http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Games/E ... ing_guides
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

SkyWlf77
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2017 12:55

ETS2-User wrote:Welcome! To some of your questions:
2) There are some offroad tracks in ProMods and RusMap too, but you need to find them. Many are not marked on the map. ;)
Thank you for the welcome! I am glad to be here :)

Hmm...Sounds like an interesting challenge. I may have to cruise around a bit specifically looking for these. I never considered non-mapped roadways, to be honest...
ETS2-User wrote:3) It is possible, but only via a mod. You need to fiddle with the truck dealer def files for this.
I'm not averse to modifying files. As a Texture Developer for two open-source games, I've become adept at backing up -- and then backing up again ;) I will attempt Google Search yet again for this mod.
ETS2-User wrote:4) Be careful with Physics mods! They might cause problems as most don't consider a mapping feature called free node rotation which breaks the collision box of the roads a bit but is spread all over the map because it's practical and the original truck physics are designed to ignore it. Many physics mods aren't though, so your truck may just fly off the road for no visible reason.
This does not sound good. I definitely do not want to break the game over it. Unless I can be quite confident about a mod, I won't install it, so I shall proceed with all due caution. Thank you!
MandelSoft wrote:5. Check for relevant conversion information here: http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Games/E ... ing_guides
Awesome! Thank you very much! Time for some learning...

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information