trip of disspointment

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
lauge67
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2013 11:06

not shure i placed this one right

Driven my first trip from Göteborg to Odense and is VERY dissapointed

1. No Volvo fabrics in Göteborg and Göteborg is the main city for Volvo

2. I feel like you used wrong crossings from Gothenburg to E6 most crossings in town is with the smaller road above the E6

3. The hallandsås ridge is missing

4. The öresunds bridge placed wrongly south of both Malmö and Köpenhamn

5. Having Göteborg as base and choosen Volvo as main truck not getting to buy the truck in town as nearest is marked in Skövde

will driva some more on map before i decide to keep or not

ScuL
Founder

08 Aug 2013 22:49

lauge67 wrote:not shure i placed this one right

Driven my first trip from Göteborg to Odense and is VERY dissapointed

1. No Volvo fabrics in Göteborg and Göteborg is the main city for Volvo

2. I feel like you used wrong crossings from Gothenburg to E6 most crossings in town is with the smaller road above the E6

3. The hallandsås ridge is missing

4. The öresunds bridge placed wrongly south of both Malmö and Köpenhamn

5. Having Göteborg as base and choosen Volvo as main truck not getting to buy the truck in town as nearest is marked in Skövde

will driva some more on map before i decide to keep or not
Sorry to hear that.
It was the intention to have a Volvo garage in GBG but due to error in communication this got forgotten. We will change it in the next update.

The Öresund is in the correct place (I crossed over it 12 times myself).

The scale of the game does not always allow things to be exactly the same as in real-life although we have attempted to approach it as close as possible, it's still "a game".
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Pasilius

09 Aug 2013 06:47

I for one liked Gothenburg. I got all nostalgic when driving through town. There was that one landmark there, a big ass gas chamber of sorts. Used to drive past it almost daily :)
World of Trucks - Pasilius

"It ain't the fall that gets you..it's the sudden stop at the bottom"

lauge67
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2013 11:41

have had a second trip up to norway and sorry i lost all lust for this map sadly as it is nice done in many cases but to many small things that annoes me good luck in future and goodbye

Pasilius

09 Aug 2013 11:52

lauge67 wrote:have had a second trip up to norway and sorry i lost all lust for this map sadly as it is nice done in many cases but to many small things that annoes me good luck in future and goodbye
You should try to make an exact replica of a country yourself, me thinks ;)

RedMoxi

09 Aug 2013 12:07

It’s easy to get disheartened when you know the area but please spare a thought for those of us living in areas covered by the original, it’s all very vanilla and not much specific localisation done at all. (and then of course who have people living in areas not yet covered in game or mod but hopefully their time will come) ;)

Pasilius

09 Aug 2013 12:13

RedMoxi wrote:It’s easy to get disheartened when you know the area but please spare a thought for those of us living in areas covered by the original, it’s all very vanilla and not much specific localisation done at all. (and then of course who have people living in areas not yet covered in game or mod but hopefully their time will come) ;)
Yeah, I feel for you. But this game is not about making the perfect copy of towns in Europe. It's about simulating truck driving :)

ScuL
Founder

09 Aug 2013 12:37

RedMoxi wrote:It’s easy to get disheartened when you know the area but please spare a thought for those of us living in areas covered by the original, it’s all very vanilla and not much specific localisation done at all. (and then of course who have people living in areas not yet covered in game or mod but hopefully their time will come) ;)
I think this is the same for lots of areas in the game!!

Paris doesn't look like Paris at all!
My home country of The Netherlands has weird road connections as well. Belgium is missing Antwerp.
London doesn't look like London, main landmarks are missing and the roads make little sense. The main entry gateways from the west are through the M3 and M4 corridors and they are not reflected in the game at all.

In the end, it's just a game.

We have simply tried to add new countries to it in a reasonable way :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Pasilius

09 Aug 2013 12:52

ScuL wrote:
I think this is the same for lots of areas in the game!!

Paris doesn't look like Paris at all!
My home country of The Netherlands has weird road connections as well. Belgium is missing Antwerp.
London doesn't look like London, main landmarks are missing and the roads make little sense. The main entry gateways from the west are through the M3 and M4 corridors and they are not reflected in the game at all.

In the end, it's just a game.

We have simply tried to add new countries to it in a reasonable way :)
In a very reasonable way, I might add. Spectacular job, that's all I'm saying.

Mysil
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2013 22:59

lauge67 wrote:have had a second trip up to norway and sorry i lost all lust for this map sadly as it is nice done in many cases but to many small things that annoes me good luck in future and goodbye
All I want to say is that this is ridiculous. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but if you knew how the map editor works you wouldn't be complaining. It is almost 1:20 scale, making roads, junctions and cities 100% like real life is impossible. These guys have done a stunning job!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information