Editing the ProMods map for private use

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Flabber

14 Jan 2017 23:33

Hello people of the ProMods community.

I have been enjoying your mod for quite some time now, and it motivated me to start mapping. I wanted to start on a Dutch city, and i saw there was space for Middelburg. Now, i am using alot of items which come with the ProMods mod, but i've heard that it's not allowed to use ProMods items because it would infringe copyrights?

I only intend to use the items which came with ProMods for learning purposes and private use, i do not intend to publish my maps in any way whatsoever. Is that alright?

Greetings from NL

IvanGF14
Developer

14 Jan 2017 23:35

You can use PM assets in the way you prefer on the map, and you can share it, but the players will need to have PM installed in order to play your map, so you only share the sectors, you cant put our assets in your mod pack standalone

Flabber

14 Jan 2017 23:38

Thank you for your quick reply! It's just fun for me to do, and who knows, maybe you guys will like it :)

ETS2-User
Developer

15 Jan 2017 13:04

So make sure you show your work in the Show your work section. :P
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Flabber

16 Jan 2017 01:05

In time i will :) First i need to get familiar with the map editor. I just made my first custom intersection. I'm planning to lay down roads as accurately as possible. Also i'm using Google Maps to get a feel for the environment in certain spots along the roads. For certain buildings i'll have to use some custom models, but that's for later. I've been working with the map editor everyday for 4 days now and it's going quite well, i get faster with using it every day.

Is there any way to copy existing items so i don't have to look them up all the time?

Vøytek
Developer

16 Jan 2017 01:37

CTRL + C -> CTRL + V like everywhere ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Flabber

17 Jan 2017 14:49

Oh wow, should've known that. :D
Thanks for the help. I'm really getting into this stuff now.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information