Hard question.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Dutch-Trucker
Donation rank:

26 Jan 2017 19:32

Hello readers!
(Sorry but my english is bad so deal whith it :-P )
I have a question about the trafic thats drive's around.
When trafic reach a city mostly they need to speed down.
What happend now is aways a Horrible brake and then the speedlimit.
When you driveing in real life you wont brake hard to control the speed.
You will drive slower whith smooth nes.

Is there a way to change the script of the trafic so they smooth change the speed?
For example:
You reach the town of Amsterdam. There is a speed limit of 50 so all the trafic brake's extremely hard to drive 50.
In real life you wont do that.
Is it reworkable?

LoaderSaints

27 Jan 2017 14:56

AFAIK AI behaviour is pretty much hardcoded into the game. And as ETS2 does not support scripting, the behaviour can not be changed by modders. Only SCS can change it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EG0611

27 Jan 2017 15:11

The issue is; AI's speed is determined by 2 methods; Speed signs and traffic area (include city area to traffic area). Interfusing them might cause what you said. It can be solved only via map editor.

Dutch-Trucker
Donation rank:

29 Jan 2017 13:58

Thx alot for all the reply's.
You all understand what i mean.
And i understand that its to hard to change that.

Phil737

31 Jan 2017 13:57

I think there may be a solution however it would take so much work to do that it's really not worth it...

As AI traffic speed will be regulated by the road speed limits, say a 70 MPH road drops to 50 MPH then the AI traffic will be doing 70 and suddenly brake hard to 50 perhaps adding stepped speed limits so 65, 60 and 55 will at least allow the AI to slow down steadily rather than suddenly. If road signs are required to denote the speed limit to the AI then perhaps "invisible" signs could be used, either actual invisible signs or just random signs or roadside items.

As I have said though that this would be far too labourious to actually do as every road will need reworking, but just a thought.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2017 13:58

I think that's a possible solution indeed, but I also think that solution is a lot of extra work and will add additional stress on low-end PC's.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

EG0611

31 Jan 2017 14:17

It can be done with multiple traffic rules inside each other. But still it has to be done in map editor.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information