Still fresh to modding. Help with load order?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
DropTheWubz

06 Feb 2017 18:30

Hello there!
I am still a little bit not sure about the load orders. I researched a lot and seen a lot of different load orders, sometimes they are different per person even with the same mods. I like my game pretty modded and would like your help/opinion on my load order and possible information I need to know with my particular setup. I am using from ProMods, to graphics and weather mods, to maps and trailers. I have a weird feeling I might be missing something. Game works fine and all but I have a doubt if everything is working/appearing. Also I am running ETS2 with [temporary _1_26] (so I can play TruckersMP unmodded with friend). Here is my list starting with high priority:

- ProMods Def Package
- ProMods Cabin Accessories
- SISL's Mega Pack
- Sound Fixes Pack v17.14. ETS2
- No Bloom
- Fael Environment v2.8
- Summer v2.3 (by Grimes)
- Top Corner F2 Mirrors
- minimal adviser interface for ATS & ETS2
- ProMods T&C Pack (Trailer Def Standalone)
- ProMods T&C Pack (Company Def)
- ProMods T&C Pack (Trailer Package 1)
- ProMods T&C Pack (Trailer Package 2)
- ProMods T&C Pack (Company Package)
- Real Traffic Density by Cip
- Project Balkans Def Package
- Project Balkans Map Package
- Project Balkans Assets Package
- ProMods+RusMap Road Connection
- RusMap Map Package
- RusMap Model Package
- RusMap Model 2 Package
- Trailers & Cargo pack by Jazzycat v4.5 (base)
- Trailers & Cargo pack by Jazzycat v4.5 (part 1)
- Trailers & Cargo pack by Jazzycat v4.5 (part 2)
- ProMods 2.1 extension
- ProMods Map Package
- ProMods Assets Package
- ProMods Models Package 1
- ProMods Models Package 2
- ProMods Media Package
- Southern Region English City Names
- Southern Region map (Def and Map)
- Southern Region map (Model 3)
- Southern Region map (Model 2)
- Southern Region map (Model 1)
- Frkn64's Realistic Physics Mod V4.3
- Improved Vehicle Lights - by Frkn64
- City Lighting
- AI Traffic Pack by Jazzycat v4.2
- Truck Traffic Pack by Jazzycat v2.4
- Painted Truck Traffic by Jazzycat v2.9
- Bus Traffic Pack by Jazzycat v1.7
- Real Tires Mod
- Klaa's Real Gas Prices

I know it's a lot, but I will highly appreciate if someone could take a moment, look through it and let me know if something is out of order or how it should be as I am still a bit confused with files overriding etc... Thank you!

metpei

06 Feb 2017 19:57

https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14523
I load common little basic mods before (put below PM) and then after (above) PM trucks, truck accessories, truck skins and last for example Jazzycat AI cars and truck mods. Some say that map mods should be top, but almost every mods says so... :/

DropTheWubz

06 Feb 2017 20:23

Thank you for suggestions. Yes, you're right, every other mod says it needs to be higher priority which is not helping me much because there are diff types of mods. I've seen people saying maps should be on top then I've seen people say maps go on the very bottom... I've seen this list and I tried to follow this example.

So from what I understand from that list is I have to put everything that is not map-related (RusMap, Balkans, ProMods) between ProMods Def and ProMods Cabin Accessories?

So where do I put graphic mods such as weather or environment? Above everything, just below ProMods Def or very bottom? Also should Fael's Environment be above or below Grime's Summer?

And I think I should move AI traffic density on the bottom below Jazzycat's?

ETS2-User
Developer

06 Feb 2017 23:56

Basically you could say the complexer a mod is the lower you put it because it contains more files that could interfere with a feature of another mod you don't want to miss. The ProMods def contains essential information though that should not be overwritten.
My suggestion is:
Def
Skins
UI skins
Trailers/Companies
Accessories
Trucks
Weather and environment
Maps
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

DropTheWubz

07 Feb 2017 00:05

ETS2-User wrote:Basically you could say the complexer a mod is the lower you put it because it contains more files that could interfere with a feature of another mod you don't want to miss. The ProMods def contains essential information though that should not be overwritten.
My suggestion is:
Def
Skins
UI skins
Trailers/Companies
Accessories
Trucks
Weather and environment
Maps
Thank you! That's the sort of explanation I needed :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information