Gas price boards

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
kReX

23 Mar 2017 18:50

Good evening,

it really is a good idea to create gas station skins (like Statoil). Nice touch you have made there!
But one thing that really bothers me are the boards, which show the price of the gas. They have been in the game since the very beginning and are totally unrealistic. Scandinavia DLC changed the things to the better and France DLC continued this trend:
Nice new signs on the left and the ugly old sign on the right

So, are you planning to make specific skins for each gas brand? If you are reworking them, that would be the final touch, which would make these skins totally lifelike.
SLOVENIJA

ScuL
Founder

23 Mar 2017 21:44

It will be difficult to standardise them as I regularly update the numbers to bring them in line with real life prices for all countries
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

23 Mar 2017 22:06

ScuL, I think they are talking about the style of the price boards for the fuel stations, not the pricing.
If I had to guess, I think they want the price signs for the older fuel station prefabs to be similar to the Scandinavia and France DLC price sign models and to have the digital number font. I'm not sure how easy this would be to do, though. Scandinavia and France DLCs do have a much nicer appearance than the ones used elsewhere on the map.

ScuL
Founder

23 Mar 2017 22:16

I understand that but the current (old) price boards are very easily batchable because they are identical. The DLC price stands are much more custom work in terms of texturing and are therefore difficult to update in a batch update of gas prices
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

kReX

24 Mar 2017 14:41

But aren't prices in Scandinavian countries and in France also being regularly updated?
SLOVENIJA

Stilgar
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2017 18:50

I haven't known that you're changing the visual prices

I use a gas prise mod and don't care about the visual price - will change with 2.20 8-)
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

LoaderSaints

24 Mar 2017 18:53

We already have had the aim of creating more realistic gas stations but the project has been frozen, hopefully it will be resumed at some point.
See this topic for more info:

https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8558

kReX

24 Mar 2017 19:17

Yes, I know that. It's a cool idea. But it would be waaaaaaaaay better if you also included digital price boards. ;)
SLOVENIJA

ScuL
Founder

24 Mar 2017 23:56

kReX wrote:But aren't prices in Scandinavian countries and in France also being regularly updated?
yes and it involves more manual work.

I update the gas prices at every big release (so the next one would be 2.20)

LoaderSaints

25 Mar 2017 08:37

kReX wrote:But it would be waaaaaaaaay better if you also included digital price boards. ;)
That has been in the plans from the start of the project already. ;)

I made this sometime ago but it is very old:

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information