promods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
jonathanmb11

17 Apr 2017 13:41

hey when are the coming out a new promods that works for 1.27 that you dont need france dlc

LoaderSaints

17 Apr 2017 13:53

All current and future versions of ProMods require the Vive la France ! DLC along with the other two map expansions. So unfortunately there will not be any new versions that would not require the Vive la France ! DLC.

You can either use an older version of ProMods and Euro Truck Simulator 2 or acquire the required DLC.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

18 Apr 2017 01:18

To give some perspective, a 1.27 without the France DLC would not have the rebuilt Siedlce (roughly 80% of the visual assets and two of the three companies used there are from the France DLC, yes I count Kaarfor. We didn't have the assets to put it on that prefab before the DLC) and Barcelona would have to be rolled back to an even worse-performing version.

A number of other smaller changes would need to be rolled back too. We had enough issues with the conversion to 1.27 as it was, we didn't need another entire version with its own problems to deal with as well.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Vøytek
Developer

18 Apr 2017 01:24

Like replacing many broken (in 1.27) house models with DLC FR houses.I did it in many countries around the map. I spent whole evening on this task and now I'd have to spend another evening on replacing those houses with different models, not from the DLC. It's a long and boring task, not worth the time I can spend on developing something new, sorry. We had a really hard time updating our map to 1.27 just in one version, you have to understand it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2017 17:04

jdenm8 wrote:(...) and Barcelona would have to be rolled back to an even worse-performing version.
May I ask how you improved the framerate in Barcelona with the new DLC assets or would that be too complicated to explain here?

ScuL
Founder

18 Apr 2017 23:00

The new DLC models (particularly things like houses and buildlings) have so called LOD models built in.

So let's say in the old scenario:
1 house generates 50k TC (triangle count), and also uses 6MB high detail texture memory
the DLC house uses a close proximity model and a LOD (level of detail) model:
1 house generates 50k TC when up close, but when you zoom out it reduces to 10k TC
The texture memory in same cases can also be reduced, let's say from 6MB to 2MB.

So in all, from a far distant view the houses will use less triangles and fewer textures thereby improving fps.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information