Travelling Nightmare

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
jaw761
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 09:09

I'm not sure this really belongs in this forum, but I looked through the troubleshoot forum and didn't see anything like what I'm posting about, so I apologize in advance if this doesn't belong here.... I also apologize if I misspell any city names.

I have two issues:

#1. Okay, so I'm hauling fertilizer all the way to Borgames and I come through the Fredrikshavn. After getting off the boat, I follow the handy-dandy GPS and it leads me through the city and towards what looks like a roundabout.... I see other vehicles going through as I approach, but then suddenly as I get closer, the route through the roundabout is forbidden. What?! Yup, no lie, my GPS is telling me to go through the area that is forbidden. I even try to go through in case it's a bug, but no, I'm blocked. The road on the map is a small little road that basically connects Frederikshavn to Hirtshals, #35, I believe.

#2. Okay, so that's #1. Kinda weird, but okay I can deal with that; luckily there's another road that connects to the harbor at Hirtshals. So I try that route, E 39, I believe is the name of the road. As I make my way through, I notice that there's a lot of (not sure of the technical term, but...) disconnected graphics, such as: trees in the middle of the road, a levitating bush, and a road sign sticking out of the median. I get about halfway to Hirtshals when my rig goes nuts, ie it's jumping and stuttering like there's something blocking it. Okay, so I back up and use different viewpoints to see if there's something blocking and there's nothing visible. I tried a variety of different things and every possible way failed to get me through the invisible whatever. So..... Now basically I can't complete my route to Borgames and that sucks huge (over 100k payday).

Oh! I even teleported myself to Aalborg to see if my rig was broken and to re-try the route and it failed, and my rig was fine.

So...... Any ideas or thoughts?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 09:32

What do you mean by 'forbidden to go through'? Do you mean like an invisible wall? Can you perhaps make your story a bit more clear by posting some screenshot?

The second issue sounds like a mod conflict issue. Do you use any other mods besides ProMods?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

jaw761
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 09:40

I'm not in-game at the moment, but what I mean by forbidden is one of those roads that has the XXXXXX and you can't go through, but the AI can.

As for mods, yes I am using other mods, but the only map mods I am using are ProMods and RusMap.

I know my computer sucks, but I tried the route on Hirtshals twice and there was no lag, stuttering or general issue with regards to my computer.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 09:46

So the route has the XXXXX visible wall, but the GPS still wants you to go there. That's odd. I will investigate when I get home.

Having a low spec PC, can make some trees and sort look funny, but it shouldn't stop you from deliveries.

I drove a lot of Scandinavia the last couple of days, just not that part op Denmark :P
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Vøytek
Developer

28 Apr 2017 10:05

Let's try some guessing as you didn't provide a game.log... Do you use Real Company mod?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

jaw761
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 19:48

@Volleybal4life Thank you. I look forward to hearing your results. As for my computer, I can understand and accept that it could just be my laptop causing the dis-jointed graphics, but it shouldn't hinder my ability to traverse through the roads.

@Vøytek Yes actually, I am using Real Companies mod.

I am willing to create a new profile with just ProMods and RusMap to investigate and confirm (or disprove) these errors.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 20:15

You indeed should, the real companies mod is known for causing problems.
Also, when reporting a problem, your game.log is the most important thing we need to effectively help you. Along with that, screenshots would be a welcome addition too :)
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

jaw761
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 20:54

Update -- Well, I created a new profile with just ProMods and RusMap and naturally everything worked fine; not even any disjointed graphics and the road up to Hirtshals worked fine. So.... taking your advice and a hunch of my own, I went back to my main profile and took out Real Companies and that seemed to clear it up and I was able to traverse through to the harbor at Hirtshals just fine. Now I haven't checked the.... #35 road from Fredrikshavn to Hirtshals, so I don't know if that's still a problem. I may choose a route down to explore that road, but I have a feeling it will be cleared up too.

Good call and thanks a lot!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2017 21:18

Great you've found the problem :)
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

ETS2-User
Developer

28 Apr 2017 22:34

Just use the ProMods Companies mod and you're good to go.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information