How do you QA ProMods releases?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Ranchester
Donation rank:

01 May 2017 10:48

As a software engineer who is specialized in test automation, software integration and DevOps. I'm curious, do you guys have any test automation in use when you do QA on your releases? It would seem that for example invinsible walls, disappearing AIs and such checks could be automated somehow by scripting ie.? It would certainly speedup the testing processes. Another question about your development, do you use anykind of version control systems and/or release build infrastructure for ProMods releasing? In another words, do you guys need to do any coding?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

01 May 2017 15:23

I understand what you mean, but we do not need coding. We test the old fashion way. With actual people. :)

Besides that, ETS2 doesn't support scripting.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ScuL
Founder

01 May 2017 23:25

Hi,

There is no way we can use any form of automation when QA-ing our releases other than file-integrity checks. When we release an update we build the main package based on the latest versions that exist on the development server (so that any model, prefab, sign fixes and the likes are automatically included). Then we add the map files of the previous versions and add the new map files of the new areas.

We issue several beta testing versions to our testing team and they get instructions which areas to test. The map is so large that it is impossible to test all areas before release, which is why we sometimes have problems like the sinkhole near Stockholm on the E4. This area was not changed and therefore not tested in the release. The sinkhole occurred because of a prefab conversion from the previous version that did not go well.

For bugtracking and sharing files we use the exact same software as SCS.. (Mantis and SVN).
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Ranchester
Donation rank:

03 May 2017 14:41

That answers my questions. Thanks. 8-) :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information