New website design look

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MistahDave
Donation rank:

10 May 2017 20:36

Clearing cache didn't fix it. D:

Drive Safely

11 May 2017 08:05

ScuL wrote:
07 May 2017 23:26
The website is set to "fluid" design, this means it will adjust to resolutions. If you don't like the width, the best solution is to resize your browser window.

For mobile this is actually 10 times better than the old system that we have.

Quick links, point taken but I'm not currently in a position to change this.

Donate button -> This files is located on PayPal's servers and I can't change it.
They don't have donate forms for dark websites.
Adjusting to resolution does help, but optimizing the experience for different resolutions is where it's at.

80% of your traffic is probably here to download ProMods and go (i.e. they ain't gonna download it on mobile because they can't play ETS2 on a mobile device).
So optimizing the experience for desktop is essential instead of downgrading the experience at the expense of mobile design. It is possible to have a fluid/responsive website that is amazing on mobile and desktop.

Now regarding the 20% who browse the forums AND download ProMods (including me):

The point still stands, I shouldn't need to have to click twice to use quick links which are supposed to be quick to access e.g. Active topics, Your posts, Unread posts. What used to take approximately 1 second in the old design now takes 2.5 or more seconds in the new design.

If someone reads this from a widescreen monitor, the text is going to span so wide that it becomes hard to read line after line since they're so wide.
That's why a max-width should be set. Resizing a browser window just adds an extra step for the user.

The old design had a better design for the read/unread posts. Orange post titles were unread while white links were read. The new design which has tick, neutral, and x icons is quite confusing. Normally an x means delete, close, or error. A tick is for something to complete, to check mark, or for notifying success. The old design had a no-entry icon instead of an x for locked topics, which was much better suited to comprehend its meaning. The old design had the "Sticky" and "Locked" labels to the left of the topic title so you immediately knew if something was Sticky or Locked as you scan/read the topic title. Instead, in the new design the labels are aligned to the right which makes it less immediate to realize.

realdeal350
Developer

11 May 2017 08:59

^ ^ ^ I think I agree with all your points there.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

ScuL
Founder

11 May 2017 11:09

All I can do is forward your suggestions to the template designer, I can't do much to change any of it
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 May 2017 09:17

Writing a PM still takes ages. The websites is very slow in registering which letter you've pressed. It's so slow even that my phone decides that my browser hang.
It's only slow when youre writing a PM, and it applies to my Android phone (Google Chrome) and PC both Google Chrome and Firefox.

Edit:
I resolved this.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MistahDave
Donation rank:

22 May 2017 08:36

Is there not away to make it so we can pick what theme we want? I thought phpbb supported that.

That way people with these issues could always revert to the old one.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 May 2017 08:49

Nope, we won't bring the old forum back.

We are running on a newer phpBB then the old forum did.
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

MistahDave
Donation rank:

22 May 2017 11:00

Oh, you're right. I thought it was only the theme that had changed.

Vøytek
Developer

22 May 2017 11:19

We were forced to change the theme because our old one wasn't supported anymore.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 May 2017 11:30

Thank god, this theme is much better looking then the old one :)
Looks so more modern.
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information