Password protection!!!

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SASq

01 Apr 2014 12:24

Im sorry if you already explain that kind of topic here in forum :)

Just i cant get why you need to lock the promods-v1.61.scs with pass and to destroy all my options to can changing that i want in the game
or you think, you are so best and all ppl need to like everything in your mod (it is not question :P ).. idk ... i read something about GPL license when register and ppl who like that kind of it to use password protection is just ridiculous but anyway makers have they EGOs too!

Just please add some info before downloading by user abouth PASSWORD protection in mod files to stop WASTE the time on people to register and download !!! Im sure ... im not only one who dont USE the PASSWORD protect files for that add some info :P

I delete the mod and dont think i will use it ... no matter good or bad is the mod ... you can delete my profile on your site too

Regards
P.S Dont take it too deep and only in negative way that i say :p ... just add info and be honest with your users they deserve it :)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2014 15:00

hehe lovely post...

Here is my rant:

o wait there isn't one, April fools :p

Maybe some other users can make some comments about the stuff you wrote. I will later on but I want to see if others have something to say.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2014 16:09

Personally I didn't see GPL mentioned anywhere. Source? It's actually not even possible to use it in this case as much of the stuff belongs to SCS and/or other modders. Read the credits.

Secondly, I do agree that is kind of lame to break those archives but having your work stolen by some brat is even more lame.

Thirdly, that 'protection' is easy to bypass anyway if you know what you are doing.

günni
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2014 17:09

our virtual forwarding will it be right to close the map.
it should not except Promods himself working on the map.
do not let them impress you but please take this as a single criticism
of. you've found fans of your map.

please keep it up

(translated with google translate )

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2014 23:42

I can only echo what has been said previously. If you don't know how to "unlock" the so-called "password protected" file, I'm not about to tell you.

Just know that you are not nearly as smart as you fondly imagine you are. :roll:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2014 02:43

Not much to add either, just that, at the bottom of every forum page it says ProMods is distributed under a "Restricted-NonCommercial" licence. I don't understand how OP could have assumed their propriety assets could actually be considered "public domain".
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information