Heavy Cargo DLC collides with standard bridge height.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
spinner
Donation rank:

20 May 2017 13:57

Can I suggest that the mapping team place an :!: icon or similar on the map as low bridge reports are submitted ? Over time and future updates to the map , at least we could check our proposed GPS route when starting a delivery and alter it to avoid these icons on the world map and GPS map. The team could then decide if any bridges will be altered to allow greater clearance in future map versions.

I'm sure adding a warning icon is a reasonably simple process compared to changing the bridge clearance at all of the locations that are identified.

In the meantime , look up drivers !! Approach carefully and slowly. If in doubt , check it out ! :D

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

20 May 2017 14:49

We can do that indeed, but we can't really do that immediately of course.
First we need to know exactly which bridges are too low, and which aren't. Then we need to see if we can make the bridge higher, or the road lower.
If that can't happen, we need to place a sign like that on the map.
Adding it, ain't that easy. There are a lot, a lot of 'too low' stuff on the map. Like bridges, signposts, tollbooths and sort. So I don't believe it's a quick fix.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Mikeinva

20 May 2017 19:55

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. I still have to download the update for 1.27.

Unfortunately no doubt as soon as the next update is released it'll break the mod yet again and we'll be stuck waiting for it to be updated.

Fr8i

20 May 2017 20:56

This kind of mod breaking update is fortunatelly not that often and for me it´s okay until the update to avoid the big jobs. Good work just needs its time. A very soon hotfix for the sureal big flagstaffs in scandinavia would be very welcome since this kinda looks like a kafkaesque nightmare of an overtired trucker.
[email protected], 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64(DX11)+Promods 2.41+RusMap 1.8.1.2+Paris Rebuild 2.4

No support via PM!

zyprexia

20 May 2017 22:39

I would like to point out that this is an unexpected realism feature. That is why you should always watch outside the window instead of staring continuous to the GPS. It is not that you can't see that low bridge coming. It's right there in front of you..

I encountered so far two bridges that were too low, but I was able to bring my truck to a fullstop before the bridge and reverse over the emergency lane back to the last onramp and find another route. Also that is part of a truckers life. If you just want a press the accelerator and steer, you might that GTA5 is maybe better suited. On the other I was surprised that I was able to pass a wooden bridge as part of a dirt road in Russia (rusmap).. In real life that bridge would have collapsed!
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

21 May 2017 17:35

zyprexia wrote:
20 May 2017 22:39
I encountered so far two bridges that were too low, but I was able to bring my truck to a fullstop before the bridge and reverse over the emergency lane back to the last onramp and find another route. Also that is part of a truckers life. If you just want a press the accelerator and steer, you might that GTA5 is maybe better suited.
I can only agree on that statement.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Peterson

21 May 2017 18:14

I only scraped the surface on just one bridge, all I know is that standard SCS bridges are fine, it's modded ones that do harm. I believe that one was somewhere on the E6 between Gothenburg and Helsingborg, one of those dummy exits, I was transporting a locomotive.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

CountVlad
Donation rank:

23 May 2017 18:58

I'm not sure how collision detection works in ETS2 but maybe the simplest solution, if it detects collisions based on 'hitboxes' or something similar, would be for someone to make a seperate mod that changes the hitboxes of the new trailers to be the same height as normal trailers. Obviously if collision detection works just on the size of the model then that would be a problem to implement.
It would be unrealistic, but in most cases it would not be noticable as the bridges seem to be only a few centimetres too low.

Vøytek
Developer

23 May 2017 19:05

Then you'll have people compaining about broken trailers, that run through the bridges.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

CountVlad
Donation rank:

23 May 2017 21:05

Vøytek wrote:
23 May 2017 19:05
Then you'll have people compaining about broken trailers, that run through the bridges.
I wasn't meaning that it would be included with Promods. I was meaning that it could be done as a seperate mod for people that wanted it, but I do see your point. Some people wouldn't like it.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information