Prior Releases

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
barry
Donation rank:

22 May 2017 10:42

Hi guys. Is there an archive of previous releases, specifically the ProMods V 1.15 for ets2 V1.16.

The reason i ask is that i have become so disenchanted with the ets2 V1.17 release, i would like to go back to the previous version. It's in no way the fault of Promods, but the progression of the physics of ets2.

I find it almost impossible to negotiate slowly around roundabouts or tight turns. As the front wheels turn to take a tight radii, the engine appears to lose torque - i know it sounds weird. The front tyres do not lose grip and understeer as the driven axles push the truck, or it's because the front tyers are at a too acute angle, but rather the truck just loses momentum and i have to straighten the front wheels to almost center to get the truck to move. As you can imagine trying to negotiate around a small yard with a heavy load is almost impossible.

I've had to move the trailer stability to approx 3/4 to the right to stop trailers from jack-knifing when driving in a straight line. As i said before it's not ProMods, but ETS2 :evil:

Sorry for the winge, but frustration has taken the fore.

Your help would be great 8-)

Regards

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

22 May 2017 10:46

Did you took a look around the forum? compat.php
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

barry
Donation rank:

22 May 2017 11:30

Sorry no i didn't. Red rage took over before i posted.

Many thanks.

Regards

Shiva

22 May 2017 23:27

You only using ProMods?
Is it like that in ETS2 without any mods at all too?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

barry
Donation rank:

23 May 2017 09:51

Hi. Yes I had problems both with a fresh install and with ProMods. I have seen others complain about it so i'm not alone. I've even had a 20T trailer swerve out of control while driving in a straight line for no reason whatsoever. Something else I noticed was that when I start ETS2, the terrain takes a long time to finish loading, where before it was always instant. Clearly SCS has changed something that doesn't work properly.

My save point is at level 131 in V1.27 but I cannot use V1.27 anymore. As you can imagine it is very frustrating to have got so far and have to abandon it.

I've gone back to ETS2 V1.26 and now at level 19, but at least ETS2 works without problems.

Regards

Vøytek
Developer

23 May 2017 10:00

It sounds like a mod to me. Truck/physics mod. What truck are you using? Maybe you could show us a comparison video in 1.26/1.27?
It's impossible that you're the only ETS2 player who faces this issue ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

barry
Donation rank:

23 May 2017 11:33

Hi. I use only default trucks (typically Scania) and no physics mods at all. As I said in my previous post I've tried a vanilla install - even used Ccleaner and Privazer to make sure nothing is leftover. Perhaps it's just me I am well past 60 :-) I've tried my best to find out why this occurs but no joy. I'm using Steam a.t.m. Today (wife permitting), i'll try the 'Normal' SCS version and see how that goes. I know i'm very happy with the V1.26+ProMods version as it's like chalk and cheese difference. :-)

Regards

ETS2-User
Developer

23 May 2017 12:06

Thing is SCS didn't change the physics at all from 1.26 to 1.27 as far as I know.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information