License Plates for Garages in Germany

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
marclev

24 May 2017 17:41

Hi,
in some garages the trucks dont get the correct license plates:

In Bremerhaven the garage is in Spaden, Landkreis Cuxhaven, so the trucks should have CUX instead of HB
In Frankfurt the garage is in Bad Homburg, so the trucks should have HG instead of F
and in Nürnberg the garage is in Feucht, Landkreis Nürnberger Land. Trucks from there carries LAU plates instead of N

If you could change that that would be cool. By the way I hope this is the right thread for that. And thank you for the great work :-)

EDIT: Oh and another question: Is there a reason, why theres no garage in Heilbronn? I was so happy you add the city but unfortunately without a garage...
Last edited by tkk7406 on 25 May 2017 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the "Edit" button instead of double posting

Vøytek
Developer

24 May 2017 18:08

I'm afraid we can't change that actually.
License plates generation is city-based. And many of our players aren't German, so they have no idea about small cities around the big cities.

So if I buy a garage in Frankfurt, I accept the fact that it's in Frankfurt, not somewhere around Frankfurt ;)
I have no idea what license plates are in Frankfurt but if you change it to generate HG instead of F, all cars in Frankfurt area will have HG and that's not what you want to achieve.

Why there's no garage in Heilbronn? Dev's decision. He designed it this way. Or he forgot about it :D
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

marclev

24 May 2017 18:39

He Voytec,
thank you for the quick answer. Yes, you are right, just the own trucks shold have the plates and not the whole city. But what I detected when I was driving through german cities, that most of the ai cars carries plates from the surrounding areas... thats really nice.

How is it with the plate templates. There are different hyphens in Germany. Is it possible to make more templates for one country like in France for example. There are differents banners on the right side of the plates.

And... the front plates of Switzerland and Italy are too big. Is there a way to change this?

If you and your team needs help in that I could try to do it...

Regarding Heilbronn, maybe someone of you add a garage to the city in future... :-))

M4rkus

24 May 2017 22:39

I think with the garages as you proposed, it would be confusing for most of the players, indeed. But I think the change would be for all trucks, not for all AI cars. As far as I know, license plates for cars and trucks are generated independently. Still confusing enough as most people wouldn't understand, except for real locals.

However, I had proposed a similar change to SCS which changes license plates of AI cars in cities so that plates of neighbouring districts are considered as well. This has never been included, probably because of low priority and as it's hardly visible for most players. I don't even know if it would work as intended because testing in-game didn't work for me.

I had the def files changed for all of Germany's vanilla cities. I used some of them several times to increase probabilty for some of them. Don't know if that would even work, though. Format is probably outdated as well (was ETS 1.19). Anyway, here's the example for Dresden as I designed it.

Code: Select all

ai_lp_template[]: "DD355 244"
ai_lp_template[]: "DD355 244"
ai_lp_template[]: "1355 244"

ai_lp_def1[]:"BZ"
ai_lp_def1[]:"BZ"
ai_lp_def1[]:"MEI"
ai_lp_def1[]:"MEI"
ai_lp_def1[]:"PIR"
ai_lp_def1[]:"PIR"
ai_lp_def1[]:"FG"
ai_lp_def1[]:"FG"
ai_lp_def1[]:"FTL"
ai_lp_def1[]:"SEB"
ai_lp_def1[]:"DW"
ai_lp_def1[]:"RIE"
ai_lp_def1[]:"GRH"
ai_lp_def1[]:"KM"
ai_lp_def1[]:"GR"
(ai_lp_def2 and ai_lp_def4 are numbers, ai_lp_def3 is the badge for general inspection, both of which are not relevant for this example but included in the real files)

Doesn't make a lot of sense given that the probability is 0.5 for city-generated license plates (the other half is national license plates). With that probability, if that worked at all, the probabilties would be as follows:

DD - 33%
neighbouring districts: 1.1% ~ 2.2% each; 17% in total
national license plates (Berlin, Cologne etc.): 50%

If the variable for city-generated license plates was variable and changed to, say, 0.9 the probabilities could be much more realistic. Again, if it worked at all ...

DD - 60%
neighbouring districts: 2 ~ 4% each; 30% in total
national license plates (Berlin, Cologne etc.): 10%

However, the variable for the share taken from national lp definitions is hard-coded to 0,5 and would need to be changed by SCS ... but I know there's an ambassador of Promods working there ...

So a lot of what-ifs for a minor change. If you, the Promods team, are interested anyways and want to have the other files for whatever you want to make of it (or just looking), I may provide the rest of the def files for vanilla Germany's cities. If not, that's fine as well.

Was that even comprehensible?

marclev

24 May 2017 22:57

If you drive through german cities, there are already ai cars with plates of the surrounding areas. Even if you on the Autobahn you see ai cars from area you just drive through. So this point is pretty realistic. Markus, have you also tried to change the plates templates with the hyphens for the bundesland?

M4rkus

24 May 2017 23:25

I think the license plates in Germany generally aren't from the surrounding areas, they're from the entire country. I think, there are no city specific license plate definitions in Germany at all for ai cars. All car license plates are taken from the national definition, so you have roughly the same set of license plates everywhere. Small exception is areas close to the borders where you might see cars with license plates from neighbouring countries. For example, if an AI car spawns in Luxembourg and then drives to Germany, it will still have the plate from Luxembourg.

Local license plates (city-wise) could be changed relatively easy by just including an ai_lp_def for every city. My proposal was more sophisticated, though, as it included smaller local entities.

Markus, have you also tried to change the plates templates with the hyphens for the bundesland?
What do you mean by that? If you're referring to the symbol of the federal state at the badge for general inspection ("TÜV-Plakette"), I think that'd be moddable but I haven't done it.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information