Newbie map modder has question ...

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Juvenileke

06 Apr 2014 18:59

Hi all, not sure if I'm at the right place to ask this, but I assume as pro modders here I'l get an answer ;-)

I'm fairly new to map modding, and counter a bunch of problems along the learning proces.
I almost find my answers to problems somewhere but one thing I can't find what to do with it.
When i delete a part of an existig road or crosses and wanna add a new part in between often i get the problem that the green-red nodes won't connect, so if i run the map in editor, the AI traffic dissapears at that point.

Anyone got a suggestion on what to do ??

Thanks in advance.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

06 Apr 2014 21:16

yes, turn them around :P

Juvenileke

09 Apr 2014 21:55

That doesn't help, if green and red nodes won't connect what's the use of turning it around ?

And as I can see what replies I get after 3 days, this doesn't seem to be the place to get any help.

Anyway, I tried ...

ScuL
Founder

09 Apr 2014 22:05

Generally you cannot connect red & green nodes (not if it's a road). With some prefabs its possible but it's an exception.
More than likely you cannot connect them because they are at different height levels.
Alternatively you can force the editor to connect them (if possible).. I think you need to keep SHIFT pressed.. (or CTRL).. I forgot
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Ice_Road
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2014 06:42

ScuL wrote:Alternatively you can force the editor to connect them (if possible).. I think you need to keep SHIFT pressed.. (or CTRL).. I forgot
Or ALT ;)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2014 06:43

I just hover the cursor over the to be connected node so it adjusts to it's height without pressing any keys
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Juvenileke

12 Apr 2014 17:43

I tried to set them at the same height, they still don't connect ...

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information