Belgium suggestions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Horus

08 Aug 2013 16:48

Hi everyone,

After posting the "UK suggestions", I thought of making a few "Belgium suggestions". Given that the map is fairly squashed in Belgium, I don't think that adding cities would be possible. But driving around Belgium I've noticed that there are a few small things that SCS had left out - surprising considering that they added slip road signs in Germany, the UK and the Netherlands. It seems a little unfinished, so here are a few ideas I had for the past few months:

1) Belgian slip roads. The motorway exit usually has a yellow post with a red and white sign.

...the motorway entrance has a blue arrow sign in the same place where Denmark has its merging signs:

...a "give way" sign on the right hand side:

...and finally a "priority road" sign with the name of the E road underneath on the right hand side:

2) Motorway crossing signs, for junctions that connect two motorways:

3) Belgian fog signs with chevrons on the road:

4) The Brussels ring road. For some reason SCS put the ring road sign in the game but didn't actually make the ring road! Of course, it would be difficult to make the entire ring road, so maybe a portion of the ring road could be made, with the rest blocked off to non-AI traffic? This would make Brussels seem a lot bigger without needing to expand the city too much. You could also add electronic signs to the ring road, stuff like that.

What do you all think? Any other ideas for Belgium?
Last edited by Horus on 09 Aug 2013 20:15, edited 2 times in total.

ScuL
Founder

08 Aug 2013 22:01

I agree with adding some crucial signs that are missing. Personally I believe Antwerp should be there but there is very little room for it.

PS: your images don't work please fix them
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Horus

08 Aug 2013 23:17

ScuL wrote:I agree with adding some crucial signs that are missing. Personally I believe Antwerp should be there but there is very little room for it.

PS: your images don't work please fix them
Fixed - yeah, especially the Antwerp ring road and the Kennedy Tunnel would have been fantastic.

A few more signs:

1) "Give way" sign with distance, usually found on the exit slip road approaching a junction:

2) Sign before an exit ramp with speed limit:

3) Lane merging sign:

4) No entry signs facing away from driver's view on exit ramp, one on each side of the road:

Last edited by Horus on 09 Aug 2013 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Vencto

09 Aug 2013 19:55

I think this is a good idea :) Adding cities is nice but I think you should fill up the world with traffic signs all over, it gives a total different view on the world.

Horus

09 Aug 2013 20:39

Updated the thread and fixed a few pictures.

Thanks Vencto! :) I think out of all the countries in the game, Belgian was done the least justice by SCS. Not all that many landmarks, no unique scenery. Having traveled through Belgium many times, Belgian motorways always had ring roads and giant junctions, had trees everywhere, lots of electronic signs, cow fields... with Belgian cows!!!!! I think all of these would make the game's Belgium... look a lot more like Belgium... even without added cities! :)

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2013 21:35

I think Belgium would need to be rebuilt to fit Antwerp in, I'd love to see it in game. Belgium is currently so unrealistic!

Horus

09 Aug 2013 21:43

HighFlyerPL185 wrote:I think Belgium would need to be rebuilt to fit Antwerp in, I'd love to see it in game. Belgium is currently so unrealistic!
With the Kennedy Tunnel, the Ring Road and the city's cathedral, the Cathedral of Our Lady, as the landmark!

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2013 21:46

Horus wrote:
HighFlyerPL185 wrote:I think Belgium would need to be rebuilt to fit Antwerp in, I'd love to see it in game. Belgium is currently so unrealistic!
With the Kennedy Tunnel, the Ring Road and the city's cathedral, the Cathedral of Our Lady, as the landmark!
Yes, love driving through Antwerp every time irl :mrgreen:

Vencto

10 Aug 2013 16:46

Horus wrote:Updated the thread and fixed a few pictures.

Thanks Vencto! :) I think out of all the countries in the game, Belgian was done the least justice by SCS. Not all that many landmarks, no unique scenery. Having traveled through Belgium many times, Belgian motorways always had ring roads and giant junctions, had trees everywhere, lots of electronic signs, cow fields... with Belgian cows!!!!! I think all of these would make the game's Belgium... look a lot more like Belgium... even without added cities! :)
Yes indeed Horus, its indeed a shame Belgium doesn't have landmarks, well they have Liege Airport but that's about it I can think off actually but the worst I think is the Brussels Ring in the game loool :P it doesn't look like it by faaaaar :) - I love the new cities in the map but for me the environment even beyond Scandinavia (traffic signs etc) is more important, it makes it fun to look around when you're cruising.

Psykoen

06 Sep 2013 00:27

idd i'm disseponted in the belgian map. defenetly that antwerp is not in it. the docks of antwerp are on the bigest of the world and most used in europe. so i dont realy understand why the left it out.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information