(up-to-date) Possible UK additions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
FPSGamingTV

09 Jul 2017 15:52

Right now at this very minute the vanilla UK is disgusting, not in the slightest bit realstic and bland with reused road templates.

The ProMods version which I've recently come across is a great start towards realstic.

The ProMods version has added correct Motorway Roundabouts, a wider variety of signs, correct road mapping and amazing new towns.

I would like to ask if the ProMods team would consider adding more Motorway roundabouts/roundabouts in general on Trunk Roads as well, as the ones added right now are brilliant but there's not enough.
The stupid vanilla slip roads are not the slightest bit accurate either.

It would be amazing if you could continue to redo the road structures and add more relastic signage.

As I read in previous posts the ProMods team were holding back because SCS had 'Something planned', well newsflash 2 years and they haven't done a thing, I'm counting on you to make the UK more realstic. :D

This question is to all the UK truckers, what kind of things would you like to see added to the UK?
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 09 Jul 2017 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to use capital letters in your topic title.
Literally in love with anything ProMods. TSM is just a buggy low undetailed map who always fall behind ProMods. PROMODS FTW!

'Jumping Through Life'

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2017 17:08

As I read in previous posts the ProMods team were holding back because SCS had 'Something planned', well newsflash 2 years and they haven't done a thing, I'm counting on you to make the UK more realstic. :D
Newsflash. Stop being rude, and wait like me and hundreds of others. Mapping is an extensive process that can take months with beta-testing. Respect also the fact that people are not being paid for their hard work.

To answer your question, large parts (if not the entire of the UK) will be at some point rebuilt, but there are other priorities at the moment. I agree that vanilla UK is ugly; something most of us realize. I've pushed for more additions in the UK in the past, but there have been various factors contributing why there isn't more in the UK specifically in 2.20 - the loss of Poland Rebuilding, France DLC and the patch, plus optimization issues with a certain rebuilt city in the UK. In other words, bad timing.

TescoclubcardUK

11 Jul 2017 13:34

I don't think he was having a pop at the Promods team, to me when I read that, it looks like he was on about the SCS team.

Seraphina

12 Jul 2017 13:09

HighFlyerPL185 wrote:
09 Jul 2017 17:08
Newsflash. Stop being rude, and wait like me and hundreds of others. Mapping is an extensive process that can take months with beta-testing. Respect also the fact that people are not being paid for their hard work.

To answer your question, large parts (if not the entire of the UK) will be at some point rebuilt, but there are other priorities at the moment. I agree that vanilla UK is ugly; something most of us realize. I've pushed for more additions in the UK in the past, but there have been various factors contributing why there isn't more in the UK specifically in 2.20 - the loss of Poland Rebuilding, France DLC and the patch, plus optimization issues with a certain rebuilt city in the UK. In other words, bad timing.
Absolutely, completely respect you prioritising issues with the content you already have before trying layer more new content on top of it, new content can wait until what you have is at the quality standards you guys want it to be at.

Anyway for the future when you have time to work on the UK again I happen to live near Birmingham and am quite familiar with the city and it's local landmarks that sort of thing so if there is any way that would be of use to you guys feel free to let me know. Also I only live 45 mins from there so if you happen to need any additional photographs of landmarks in the city or anything to help your modellers out I could do that, I guess that google street view and google geotagged image searches probably have plenty for most things but figured it's worth mentioning wouldn't be the first time I tried to use street view to try an look something up only to be denied by a bus or a truck that happened to be in the wrong place when the camera snapped the shot etc heh.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2017 18:34

Seraphina wrote:
12 Jul 2017 13:09
Anyway for the future when you have time to work on the UK again I happen to live near Birmingham and am quite familiar with the city and it's local landmarks that sort of thing so if there is any way that would be of use to you guys feel free to let me know.
You are right that some details get omitted. Sometimes developers aren't aware of this, being from other countries; however satellite images get this right 95% of the time (so you may find details are little such as overhead gantry type in UK). I'm sure the developers will appreciate your input, but the chances are, no, they won't let you know. This post might be forgotten by the time they arrive to work on the area, as there's a good dozen of messages being posted everyday on the forum. They can't possibly follow this.

The best thing to do is suggest and feedback on screenshots that will be posted in relevant topic in the forum, when the work is being done there. Or when you know or see that developer starts work on the area, ask politely over private messaging if they need photos to assist with their work.

Seraphina

13 Jul 2017 06:05

HighFlyerPL185 wrote:
12 Jul 2017 18:34
You are right that some details get omitted. Sometimes developers aren't aware of this, being from other countries; however satellite images get this right 95% of the time (so you may find details are little such as overhead gantry type in UK). I'm sure the developers will appreciate your input, but the chances are, no, they won't let you know. This post might be forgotten by the time they arrive to work on the area, as there's a good dozen of messages being posted everyday on the forum. They can't possibly follow this.

The best thing to do is suggest and feedback on screenshots that will be posted in relevant topic in the forum, when the work is being done there. Or when you know or see that developer starts work on the area, ask politely over private messaging if they need photos to assist with their work.
Fair enough I kinda thought that would probably be the case but figured better to extend the offer just in case than assume only to learn later that I could have helped if I'd simply taken the time to ask heh.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information