AdFly opens malware

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Mbedard

06 Jan 2018 05:15

Honestly if Adfly worked that'd be one thing...

But it doesn't - it files most of the people into Malware - IE you're essentially saying you're willing to get paid as long as you take advantage and your end game supporters are robbed - you're fine with that - that's what using AdFly says.

I'd say there has to be some better way.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2018 16:04

metpei wrote:
23 Aug 2017 13:46
All antivirus software can stop ~70-90% at best of harmful clicks, so why don't you stop as many as you can with browser addons?
And people should ask Chinese or north Korean how safe and protected internet feels...
Actually Antivirus software generally stop only ~45% of malware (http://www.slate.com/articles/technolog ... ymore.html)...
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Vøytek
Developer

12 Jan 2018 16:29

Mbedard wrote:
06 Jan 2018 05:15
I'd say there has to be some better way.
Provide a better solution and we'll be happy to use it ;)

---

I use ProMods for 4 years and never had problems with adf.ly and all that "harmful" stuff it delivers to our PCs (as some say). I also encountered adf.ly many more times, not only when downloading PM, and still - no problems with my PC.

If you click where you're not supposed to click, then don't use the Internet, simple. There are ads everywhere that are a bait to downloading some weird software. If you click it and then install it, it's all your fault. I would never click all those banners (especially that I use some adblocking plugins), but reading through this topic, I can see why it's worth to put those ads - I see who would click it... Please, be careful and don't blame us for your lack of common sense.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Conz
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2018 16:58

Vøytek wrote:
12 Jan 2018 16:29
If you click where you're not supposed to click, then don't use the Internet, simple.
If you think that's how malware works and gets installed, your computer is probably a nice zombie for someone's botnet right now honestly...
Google for 'adfly malware' and you'll see that they're pretty well known for serving malicious ads. They've actually been key in some global malware/trojan pandemics.

Maybe SCS has a suggestion considering you're helping their product stay popular, maybe contact a proper file sharing site and see what they can do. No idea how much traffic your downloads are generating but I'm guesstimating it should be easily fundable with something like donations as ETS seems to have a decently stable community.

kamikazee54

12 Jan 2018 17:39

Simply use Ublock Origin with all filters activated and you should be totally fine. For me it works perfectly, block adfly adverts, but not Skip button, so i always can download promods without being infected by malware adverts. ;)

Vøytek
Developer

12 Jan 2018 19:48

Trust me, I'm into tech since I was a child, so I know how many things work here. I'm just trying to say things as simple as possible, so all users can understand ;)

Unfortunately, SCS doesn't support modders that much. It would be unfair to other modding groups if they helped only us. And they can't help all modders, because there's way too many of them... There's one thing they did in this case - you can host your mods on the Steam Workshop but only small mods and non-map mods, which excludes ProMods from it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Davyddin
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 04:48

Are people really still going on about Adfly? Fascinating.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2018 08:58

Yeah, fascinating indeed...

I don't know what kind of anti-virus or browser people use, or don't use. I never ever got any virus or p*rn related ads on AdFly.

The ads you get there, are fully based on your own browsing behavior. So if you get p*rn on AdFly, you are the one who knows why....
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Destrox

15 Jan 2018 10:43

Good AV+Ublock

zyprexia

15 Jan 2018 13:07

ProMods has a release about every 3 months or so..
If you save about 35 cents each month, you can use the paid link. So much easier.. 1 zip file, no ads, no malware, no virusses..
System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4800Mhz, 48GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, RTX2060, HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information