ProMods Client.exe

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ajk68
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2017 17:21

Hallo :)

Ich wollte mal kurz eine kleine Anregung hier lassen.

Wie beispielsweise der Multiplayer Client von TruckersMP kommen auch für die ProMods regelmäßig neue Updates und damit auch neue Versionen heraus.

TruckersMP hat sich für ihren Fall etwas einfallen lassen: Einen Launcher, womit mit nur einem Klick (nach dem Login) alle Updates installiert werden können. Eine solche Umsetzung hätte auch für ProMods diverse Vorteile, denn:
+ es können leichter und schneller schwerwiegende Bugs behoben werden
+ es spart den Anwender Zeit und Nerven
+ auch Anwender die weniger vertraut mit ETS2 sind kommen besser zurecht
+ eine ausführbare Anwendung wäre in der Lage heruntergeladene Dateien selbst zu entpacken, zu kontrollieren (auf Archivfehler) und die Modfragmente in den Modordner zu verlegen
+ direkte Benachrichtigung falls eine neue Version vorliegt
+ Pop-up Nachrichten (direkter Kontakt zum Nutzer)

Da ich weiß, dass die ProMods wegen der Server und der Arbeit durch die Erstellung der Map auf die Downloadeinnahmen angewiesen ist, wäre es natürlich unverzichtbar auch diese Funktion wieder einzuführen.

Das würde sich auf verschiedenartigster Weise umsetzen: z.B.: Kostenloser Download max. 3x im Jahr oder gar den exe Clienten nur für Premium Mitglieder anzubieten (bspw. Pauschale von 5€/Jahr)

Ich weiß, dass es wieder viele Kommentare gegen diesen Vorschlag geben wird ;-) ich sag ja auch nicht das die exakte Umsetzung wie sie hier ist am besten wäre, aber vielleicht ein Anfang - deswegen schreibt mal ruhig eure Kommentare unten drunter! - Erwünscht sind konstruktive Vorschläge.

Edit:
Hello :)

I wanted to leave a little suggestion here.

Like the Multiplayer Client from TruckersMP, the ProMods are regularly updated and new versions are released.

TruckersMP has come up with something for itself: a launcher, which allows you to install all updates with just one click (after login). Such an implementation would also have advantages for ProMods because:
+ More serious bugs can be fixed more easily
+ It saves the user time and nerves
+ Also users who are less familiar with ETS2 are getting better
+ An executable application would be able to unpack downloaded files, check them (on archive errors) and move the modfragments into the Modordner
+ Direct notification if a new version is available
+ Pop-up messages (direct contact to the user)

Since I know that the ProMods because of the server and the work by the creation of the map depends on the downloadings, it would of course also indispensable to reintroduce this function again.

This would be implemented in a variety of ways: eg: Free download max. 3x in the year or even the exe clients only for premium members (for example package of 5 € / year)

I know there will be many comments against this suggestion ;-) I'm not saying that the exact implementation as it is here is best, but perhaps a beginning - that's why quietly write your comments below! - Desirable are constructive suggestions.
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 30 Aug 2017 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use English on the main forum. https://www.promods.net/app.php/rules#rule-2f

Teurov
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2017 18:20

Zdravo!
I think you’re trying to play truckersmp with promods sadly, thats not possible also please use english in the main forums. (Sorry I spoke like a mod)

Davyddin
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2017 18:30

No, he's making a suggestion with regards mod distribution, but yes, language.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

harm27
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2017 20:13

That would mean that someone from Promods, probably @michaelmurfy, needs to code that.

TruckersMP already need to code things, so the launcher can be code by the same developers.
Promods is a map mod, and that doesn't mean that the map developers also can code the launcher.

And then they also need to look if PayLoadz would accept it.
And if they can serve add through that launcher.
And it still needs server resources.

ajk68
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2017 20:54

[UK/USA]

First: Thank you @Volleybal4life for your translation :) very kind from you.

I know it's not a suggestion that's realized from one day to another but I think eventhou it sounds like a bit of work, it might make the ProMods Users getting more comfortable with this mod.

My aim would be to let the ProMods Team think about it ;-) it's not a disaster if it's not realizable right now - maybe in future!

[DE/AUT]

Zuerst: Vielen Dank @Volleybal4life für deine Übersetzung. Sehr nett von dir.

Ich weiß, es ist kein Vorschlag, der von einem Tag zum anderen verwirklicht werden kann, aber ich denke, auch wenn es nach ein bisschen Arbeit klingt, könnte es die ProMods für die Nutzer bequemer und einfacher gestalten.

Mein Ziel ist es das ProMods Team dafür zu begeistern ;-) Es wäre nicht tragisch wenn es im Moment einfach nicht realisierbar wäre - vielleicht ja in der Zukunft!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information