[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Paul2209

14 Oct 2018 18:42

Ich habe die erste Datei runtergeladen,erstellt,aber weiter geht es nicht.

Translation: I downloaded the first file, created it, but it does not continue.
Last edited by Davyddin on 14 Oct 2018 20:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please use only English in the main forum. If you want to use German, please use the German subforum./Bitte nur Englisch im Hauptforum benutzen. Wenn Sie Deutsch verwenden möchten, verwenden Sie bitte das deutsche Unterforum.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2018 19:41

It isn't "2 downloads" - it is "2 connections". If you're using 2 connections for a download and getting ~400kb/sec then you won't be allowed to download another file. Not a bug, working as I designed it. This also will not work from either shared connections, CG-NAT connections or Mobile connections since your IP address is shared with multiple people. This is a known limitation, you can try getting a download slot a few times a minute without getting banned in this case hoping a slot for your IP clears up or use our paid option.

Note, this is downloading directly from us - not a third party.
Promods Server Administrator

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2018 20:01

It looks like you're using a CG-NAT connection (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT) which basically means that your IP address is shared by multiple people. It appears that somebody on your IP is already downloading the files and thus your connections, based on your IP are already being maxed out.

Not a bug, this is working as designed but afraid there is no reliable solution for this. You can attempt to try and download later hoping that person has downloaded all parts of the file else use our paid option.

loopback
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2018 20:08

Same again.

Only thing I was able to download was def file.
promodsfail.jpg
promodsfail.jpg (238.04 KiB) Viewed 1488 times

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2018 20:39

loopback wrote:
14 Oct 2018 20:08
Same again.

Only thing I was able to download was def file.
It looks like your browser or an addon is preloading the URL's - try either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge please (after fully closing FIrefox).

Spideranus

14 Oct 2018 23:29

Hey everyone,

So, basically.. I was going to download the new update, using the Free Download Servers, since I'm in no rush.. I get to Download number 6 and 7, 6 finishes and 7 crashes. Well, let me just restart the download.

NOPE, I'm blocked from using the mirrors, because:

"You've sent too many requests to this service which has upset something, or somebody in this universe and now you're blocked for your actions."

Now I've got 6 files ready and number 7 is missing, guess I can't play the new update today.. What did I do wrong? Now I can't even download the last file, because I'm blocked out?
Why is there a free download mechanic, if you'll get blocked out anyways, I don't get it. It's just very frustrating waiting the whole time and then just being denied like that in the end.

Other post, moved from separate topic

I just got blocked from downloading too, I'm only missing one last part (Part 7)..
Even though I was downloading it all one by one, last download crashed and now I can't re-download it..
I got so excited to play.. (Server load is at 65%)

What caused it and how long do I need to wait now?

#Edit my bad for the double post, thanks for merging!
Last edited by adgjl on 15 Oct 2018 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts

JessicaCucco

15 Oct 2018 03:36

hi!

The site limits me to download one file at a time even though the message says the limits is 2 concurrent downloads.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2018 09:09

JessicaCucco wrote:
15 Oct 2018 03:36
The site limits me to download one file at a time even though the message says the limits is 2 concurrent downloads.
It is not specifically "downloading 2 files" it is "2 connections" like I've said many times on here. Your browser may use multiple connections to download a single file.

Marske80

15 Oct 2018 13:22

Its not a mod problem but whats up whit this got no downloads running at the moment en it gives me this
Any Ideas?

jimmy092006

15 Oct 2018 13:31

I have this issue with my free download that when i click the link it just says access denied. It doesn't even take me to the ad.fly page. Can somebody please help me

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information