[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Tommy123
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2019 19:04

Got the same prob, and i have read the FAQ.

progragen
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2019 22:04

Part 7 doesn't work/download jumping auto. too login interface
Link:
https://www.promods.net/getdl.php?dlfil ... 241.7z.007

CptCaribbean

12 Aug 2019 12:33

For me the file 7 started downloading after the charge.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

12 Aug 2019 13:01

Gottlieb wrote:
30 Jul 2019 20:34
Tommy123 wrote:
04 Aug 2019 19:04
progragen wrote:
11 Aug 2019 22:04
Sorry, have been in the middle of moving houses so have not been able to look into this until now. I've made some changes to the free download servers in relation to detecting the correct IP address so hopefully this shouldn't happen anymore. For those interested it was detecting the Cloudflare Proxy IP as the source IP in some cases under moderate load and was hard to detect, or replicate the issue.

Please ensure you're using a supported browser - in the logs during testing I've seen people use many different browsers but we only officially support Chrome, Firefox and Edge as this is what I personally test against - I'm sorry, I am not going to test against a whole suite of browsers that less than 1% of the internet use. If you're using Firefox you'll need to whitelist ProMods in the built-in tracking prevention (don't worry, we don't do anything invasive to compromise security - I am personally very big on security).

If you're still getting this error first time it means you have got something on your PC hitting our free download servers multiple times in a matter of seconds - this can be caused by Antivirus, your browser, a browser extension etc. Security wise if you're using Windows 10:

1) Only use the built-in Windows Defender. You do not need additional antivirus programs these days.
2) No need to run a Firewall either - Windows includes a very good one enabled by default.
3) Go through your extensions and remove any you don't need - if you have any ad blocking, privacy blocking or YouTube ad blocker extensions installed then remove them all and use uBlock Origin which works great here. Remember, you'll need to whitelist ProMods to download as this is what supports us hosting a free download service - I say again, we do not use anything dodgy to compromise your security - I can safely speak on all of the ProMods staff that this is a very important aspect of this site.
Promods Server Administrator

mrgames55

06 Sep 2019 14:22

On the site it says I can have max 2 concurrent downloads. However whenever I try to to a second one it says youve been limited. Only lets one download at a time :/ Why???

CptCaribbean

06 Sep 2019 16:14

Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

brainiac
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2019 19:21

Can that number be increased a while after new version, when server load is light?
Working on rebuilding Russian interchanges and highways: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?t=14202.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2019 08:06

No. I don't think our server managers will do that. It's an unnecessary change of the server parameters, which they'll need to change every time. A job that will become a unnecessary pain in the ass.
Spamming the forum since June 2014

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

brainiac
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2019 10:02

It can't calculate server load and then decide how much concurrent downloads to allow? I am a programmer and that doesn't sound like a hard job.
Working on rebuilding Russian interchanges and highways: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?t=14202.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2019 10:51

2 downloads, and 2 downloads it is ;) If you want it nice and easy, use the paid download.
Spamming the forum since June 2014

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

• Information