[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Orizan
Donation rank:

12 Oct 2019 22:20

Hello, I downloaded all the files that I got told by the tutorial to download.
The 001 file is the only file that appears to be a WinRAR file and not a .scs.
Even if I extract the WinRAR file, the tester still claims that I miss the 001 file.

Vøytek
Developer

12 Oct 2019 22:24

It shouldn't matter if it's assigned to WinRAR or not. Just download all 7 files and extract the first one.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

mrgreeninc

16 Oct 2019 00:35

Okay, not too constructive criticism incoming.

I honestly haven't seen more retarded method of software distribution since the 90's. Also, the business model of paying for the download itself is from the stone age. Jesus Christ, i'd rather just pay $20 for a normal license than go through this clusterfk-fingerprintAndShoeSizeRequired-OhNoFileCorrupted labyrinth of paranoid programmer's dream.
Seriously, if that works for you guys long-term, i'm amazed. You should create a cult.

I was interested in driving around more countries in ETS2, but the experience on this site made me want to quit this idea forever. See ya.
BTW, i wonder how much work the mod has because of the clandestine way you do business (hang in there, man, it will get better eventually).

You don't sell guns online, you create mods...

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2019 08:45

mrgreeninc wrote:
16 Oct 2019 00:35
I honestly haven't seen more retarded method of software distribution since the 90's. Also, the business model of paying for the download itself is from the stone age. Jesus Christ, i'd rather just pay $20 for a normal license than go through this clusterfk-fingerprintAndShoeSizeRequired-OhNoFileCorrupted labyrinth of paranoid programmer's dream.
Well, if my maths is correct €1 is less than $20.
Seriously, if that works for you guys long-term, i'm amazed. You should create a cult.
Too much work... I don't want to manage both people and servers in the little free time I have these days.
I was interested in driving around more countries in ETS2, but the experience on this site made me want to quit this idea forever. See ya.
Interesting you say that - I have really invested quite a bit of time into the speed of this site. Even here in NZ (far away from the servers that host this site) I get sub 1sec pageloads. I think that is pretty impressive. Unless if you're thinking of the free download which is, free and hosted by us and limited intentionally to prevent abuse to allow people who don't have €1 to download and play the mod freely? But like you said, you were willing to spend $20 so maybe you clicked the wrong option on the download page?
BTW, i wonder how much work the mod has because of the clandestine way you do business (hang in there, man, it will get better eventually).

You don't sell guns online, you create mods...
For the guys who create the mod it isn't a business, it is a hobby. They do it for free. Any little money that gets paid to them goes back towards the site and allows us to provide a free mod. I don't get paid, I help out for free and believe me, I could be charging at-least $200NZD per hour for the work I do as a qualified Linux systems administrator.

I appreciate your kind words and the single attempt you put into attempting to download the first file of the mod 15 minutes before writing this message. Perhaps next time instead of writing such statements you refer to the tutorial (here) which state you need all parts of the file?

Happy Trucking when you get around to it.
Promods Server Administrator

TheoH
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2019 13:02

Trying to download the free tcp file (not the payed). Allways get an error that i'm using to much links at the same time.
Just downloaded the payed version 242 (i allways pay for the full version), but the other (free tcp version) doesn't work. What can i do to get it (except paying for it).

slider916

16 Oct 2019 16:24

I keep getting an error message: Sorry! Access Denied Connection limit exceeded.
I'm downloading nothing at this time too.

Added in 2 hours 31 minutes 33 seconds:
I'm only able to download one file every 2-3 hours.
This doesn't make any sense.

Naabcake

17 Oct 2019 22:31

Same issue here, 2 hours has passed since my last download. Only need last zip, any idea how long we have to wait before they lift the restriction?

ScuL
Founder

19 Oct 2019 04:03

The process is fully automatic, it gets triggered when the server detects more than 2 IP streams coming from your computer.
If you have applications that create multiple streams (proxy servers, firewall/AV software, download managers) then the system will automatically block you for a few hours.
After the time has gone by the block is automatically released.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Tincho0017

19 Oct 2019 15:57

downloads are not working correctly, i can only do 1 download at a time instead of the 2 adversited...

Kyle_Douglas4422111

19 Oct 2019 17:22

Downloaded it on 2 different browsers both corrupt in winrar unable to extract all other parts work can provide images

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information