[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
yashila
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2017 23:36

Uh so I had a short time out in my internet connection and I didn't think and restarted the three files which I was downloading at the time (4, 5 and 6) and now it says I'm banned from downloading the last part - how long does the ban last? I'd pay the 1$ as I've been using your mod for years now but unfortunately I don't have paypal.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2017 06:05

yashila wrote:
16 Sep 2017 23:36
Uh so I had a short time out in my internet connection and I didn't think and restarted the three files which I was downloading at the time (4, 5 and 6) and now it says I'm banned from downloading the last part - how long does the ban last? I'd pay the 1$ as I've been using your mod for years now but unfortunately I don't have paypal.
Try again in an hour and take it easy - download a single file at a time.
Promods Server Administrator

ScuL
Founder

17 Sep 2017 07:50

rgp2130 wrote:
16 Sep 2017 15:51

I have only downloaded part 1. I am in the process of downloading the rest of the parts.
You can't unpack anything until all files are in the same folder
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

NederlandseTrucker

17 Sep 2017 13:21

Hi, it doesn't let me download the first file, it says the winrar file is corrupt, all the others are fine.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2017 06:39

NederlandseTrucker wrote:
17 Sep 2017 13:21
Hi, it doesn't let me download the first file, it says the winrar file is corrupt, all the others are fine.
I just downloaded all the files to test - all work. Please read the documentation (https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3852).

jbellfarmer687

19 Sep 2017 00:32

I have been playing with this mod for a couple years now. The new download system is one word, and that is: terrible. For the people who don't feel confident putting credit card numbers in on a website (or much to any personal information for that matter), I just don't feel comfortable with people in the world anymore and that makes me not want to do it. I can deal with the ads, as long as they don't put malware on a computer, I can deal with the 3 download limit, I completely understand about not wanting to overload servers, but when I get BLOCKED for nothing but a crappy Internet connection, that is when things have gone too far. Which is what happened to me. I got blocked, and it said reasons I MAY have been blocked. BUT, NONE OF THOSE REASONS ARE TRUE! I just have a slower connection because I live in a small farm town with no fibre. I know you guys are wanting everyone to download your mods with fibre anymore, so when someone with a slow connection tries to download your mod, you don't ban them. I guess you could just say that it really ticks me off.

Sometimes when I download, I have to click two and three times to actually get it to download. I had to do the same with one of the packages. Then it banned me. :evil:

Snowleopard
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2017 01:18

Sadly this issue is not Pro Mods doing, it is the server host of which is not Pro Mods. I'm sure someone will come along with some info on how to contact the hosts admin and you can vent at them and maybe they can ** whitelist you so your connection is more secure and allow for a better experience**. **I don't know if that is possible really as I have little server/IP/knowledge** but even so you may at least give them a problem to solve.
Pro Mods don't host the files themselves, be far to much traffic to handle and as such it has to be outsourced.
As far as I know if you wait an hour or so it will unban you and you can download a file at a time so as not to bottleneck your line.
Believe me I lived somewhere years ago (Beautiful green place with no neighbors for miles) and my download speed was marginally over half a Mb with barely any up speed at all, at best up speed was 200Mb so I can feel for you living out were internet speeds are very slow. I had years of frustration of being kicked off servers for high pings and not having ability to download files, I had to leave them to download over days!
Good luck and Happy Trucking!
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... hp?id=1044
General Manager JWT VTC 2011+ (UKTS/GTS/ETS2/ATS)
PMs since V1.0 2013 8-)
@12 10 23
Map cover: 93% PM 2.50/RusMap/Gr8Steppe/MidEast
Driven miles: A LOT!, USING 10 Y/O ORIGINAL ETS2 PROFILE!!

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2017 02:55

jbellfarmer687 wrote:
19 Sep 2017 00:32
Sometimes when I download, I have to click two and three times to actually get it to download. I had to do the same with one of the packages. Then it banned me. :evil:
I can see from the logs you were warned 3 times (or we sent you to https://promods.net/limit.html) - you requested the 5th file download a total of 5 times in 8 seconds and were downloading other files at the same time and this is what got you banned. I don't think it was your internet in this case. It is not evil, it is because actions like this cause excess load on our servers since you've got to consider we're dealing with 1000's of people downloading the mod. Please just take it easy next time and be patient. You should be unbanned by now.
Snowleopard wrote:
19 Sep 2017 01:18
Sadly this issue is not Pro Mods doing, it is the server host of which is not Pro Mods. I'm sure someone will come along with some info on how to contact the hosts admin and you can vent at them and maybe they can ** whitelist you so your connection is more secure and allow for a better experience**. **I don't know if that is possible really as I have little server/IP/knowledge** but even so you may at least give them a problem to solve.
<snip>
So to make things clear:
1) The free download is hosted by us.
2) We'll not be whitelisting any IP's (or can't for the matter) - the banning threshold is quite high and we don't see many legitimate people hitting it. It is purely to prevent abuse and excess load to our download servers.

nvniels
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2017 18:14

this file promods-v220.7z.001 i'can not unpacking please help

dit bestand kan ik niet uitpakken kan er iemand mij helpen?

Mvg,
Niels Verhoeven

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

19 Sep 2017 18:33

You need to have all parts (*.001 to *.007) in one folder, and then unpack them. It's a good old multi-part archive.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information