[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Poozykrem

20 Oct 2019 09:24

Still getting that message even after i slept!
That's not cool at all.

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2019 09:42

CarlusSilva wrote:
20 Oct 2019 08:54
I still can't download the 2nd part of the mod because it says that I'm limited to one download, even though already passed 15-16 hours since I downloaded 1st part.
Is there any fix for that?
I saw a single hit from you to a server that may be having issues currently. I've just disabled this server for now so try now. Also try another browser.

Added in 9 minutes 31 seconds:
Poozykrem wrote:
20 Oct 2019 09:24
Still getting that message even after i slept!
That's not cool at all.
I see many many hits from your IP address so the servers are doing their job here. Also trying to do evasion with 2 browsers?

If this is just you, stick to a single browser, on a single computer or do the paid download. I can see files have been served but you have to abide by the rules else you will get blocked.
Promods Server Administrator

jeppedk

20 Oct 2019 09:55

i cant download the mod i have tried its telling me i have to wait for my other download to be done when there is nothing downloading i cant download the mod that i need for truckersmp *sad gamer moments*

Poozykrem

20 Oct 2019 10:03

michaelmurfy wrote:
20 Oct 2019 09:52

I see many many hits from your IP address so the servers are doing their job here. Also trying to do evasion with 2 browsers?

If this is just you, stick to a single browser, on a single computer or do the paid download. I can see files have been served but you have to abide by the rules else you will get blocked.
To begin with, i started to try download a single file from one browser, this message was still there
And AFTER this i tried again from another browser

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2019 10:11

Poozykrem wrote:
20 Oct 2019 10:03
To begin with, i started to try download a single file from one browser, this message was still there
And AFTER this i tried again from another browser
The servers are showing each attempt seconds within each over. Just try a browser other than Chrome as it looks like you may have extensions opening up multiple connections and stick to a single computer. You get blocked rather quickly if you use multiple computers as this is seen as evasion.
jeppedk wrote:
20 Oct 2019 09:55
i cant download the mod i have tried its telling me i have to wait for my other download to be done when there is nothing downloading i cant download the mod that i need for truckersmp *sad gamer moments*
You too - try something other than Chrome (Firefox or Edge).

Jungleowl

20 Oct 2019 10:54

When i slow download the mod it says my download speed is to high and i dont know how to fix this any help?

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2019 11:20

Jungleowl wrote:
20 Oct 2019 10:54
When i slow download the mod it says my download speed is to high and i dont know how to fix this any help?
I can see you're attempting to download multiple parts 1, 2 and 3 within seconds of each over. Take it easy, wait a little bit and try the first part only. Also try with another browser (Firefox or Edge).

CarlusSilva

20 Oct 2019 12:25

michaelmurfy wrote:
20 Oct 2019 09:52
CarlusSilva wrote:
20 Oct 2019 08:54
I still can't download the 2nd part of the mod because it says that I'm limited to one download, even though already passed 15-16 hours since I downloaded 1st part.
Is there any fix for that?
I saw a single hit from you to a server that may be having issues currently. I've just disabled this server for now so try now. Also try another browser.
Still "You've been limited".
I already tried to use Microsft Edge but it's the same thing.

And what do you mean by "a single hit from you"?

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2019 12:33

CarlusSilva wrote:
20 Oct 2019 12:25

Still "You've been limited".
I already tried to use Microsft Edge but it's the same thing.

And what do you mean by "a single hit from you"?
hit = download attempt. I can now see multiple requests from Google Chrome as well as a single request from Edge to a different backend server (so it isn't us).

There is something on your computer preventing the download. Don't happen to have a third party Antivirus or Firewall (other than Windows Defender built into Windows 10)? I can not really help any more, I can see the requests getting through successfully but either Cloudflare or the servers are not liking what you're doing so you're getting limited straight away. You can always use the paid option (no, we're not forcing you to use this). Read the FAQ's for more as this is related to you - https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256

sofaheld

20 Oct 2019 12:59

Question on this topic of download limits: did you guys ever thought about providing promods on steam workshop? maybe pay 1 euro via steam credit and we could download it there? i mean no one is that stupid to take credit with your achievements in this map, its unique.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information