[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

31 Mar 2014 22:54

How does one go about refunding free anyway? :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Almighty
Donation rank:

31 Mar 2014 23:10

You'll get a free refund! :D
Happy trucking!

truckergeerard

01 Apr 2014 10:58

i extract the rar file part 1 straight to the mod map?? en winrar ask for the second volume to continu;this wont work!! shud i put the def file first in the mod map or will it be automatic extracting?

stummer
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2014 11:00

You have to download all 3 parts into the same folder on your computer.
Then select "part1" and extract it; now WinRar should merge the 3 archives automatically.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2014 15:39

Nico wrote:<snip>
By going for the first option you will make your life easier as you won't have to combine the extracted files and have instant and fast access to the mod with no hassle.
We can really use the money to pay for our webhosting fees and software licenses. It will only cost you less than a pack of chewing gum / a coffee / a beer - so thank you for your kindness."
Not to throw the cat among the pigeons, as for v1.61 the premium option went smoothly, but for v1.60, by the time my download link became available, I could have easily downloaded the archives via the free option.

BTW, how do the file host and you guys make money on that deal? -last time I sent someone money via PayPal the transaction/currency exchange cost was 1,52- Euro...
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2014 22:17

We barely make any money on that....

ScuL made some a new "special" account that make transition costs lower but he is the one to ask, I have no idea about that :p
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2014 02:56

Nico wrote:We barely make any money on that....
My thoughts exactly... you guys could, imo, easily double or triple that $1,- number and still get just as many people using the "non-free" option. Or at least include a "donate" option in the transaction, because, for people like me, who can't bring any modding skills to the table, it's just about the only thing we can do to keep the effort going.

I can understand you don't want to give the impression you're making money off your content, but, really, even at a steeper price point, you're still not charging for the mod, you're just trying to make the logistics of getting it to the end user pay for itself.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2014 08:20

Well we have a donate button on the bottom of the page and yeah we do get a little money, but it's far from being able to purchase any good stuff like a new PC :lol:

truckergeerard

02 Apr 2014 09:53

no still asking for next volume; sorry very frust ting i am giving up i think; it wont work for me
i have no map mods in my mod map, new profile whit no mods dusssant help eighter i dont no what to do anymore

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2014 09:58

Download the 3 rar files and put them in the same folder.

Open part1 with winrar.

Select the files and drag them to your mod folder

open the game. enable the files and play.

It's not that hard tbh.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information