[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

06 Sep 2017 11:32

I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

steda2e
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 11:59

Vøytek wrote:
06 Sep 2017 11:30
You shouldn't click on those ads...

I downloaded all 7 parts yesterday without any issue. Just use Chrome with AdBlock Plus and uBlock origin.

And yes, free download can't be resumed.
Doesn't Using Adblock defeat the purpose of having the free server. I'm Guessing that the ads pay for the servers?

Edit:
michaelmurfy wrote:
06 Sep 2017 11:31
You get a few warnings before that happens - it is triggered if you attempt to start too many downloads in a short space of time. Try again in a few hours, there is nothing we can do to unblock you.
I did get a warning or two but only when a download failed to start (it just loaded an ad, so I clicked Back and retried the same download. at no point did I try to download more than 3 at any time)

And I'm well aware that it wasn't malware however it does manage to cause chrome to stop responding and it's so processor intensive it just makes the machine completely freeze. it's not the first time ad block has thrown the ads however it is the first time it's been so severe.
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 27 Feb 2018 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. https://www.promods.net/app.php/rules#rule-2c

Vøytek
Developer

06 Sep 2017 13:15

I'm just telling you how to avoid ads. I guess 99% of our players block those ads anyway.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

michaelmurfy
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 13:44

steda2e wrote:
06 Sep 2017 12:01
I did get a warning or two but only when a download failed to start (it just loaded an ad, so I clicked Back and retried the same download. at no point did I try to download more than 3 at any time)

And I'm well aware that it wasn't malware however it does manage to cause chrome to stop responding and it's so processor intensive it just makes the machine completely freeze. it's not the first time ad block has thrown the ads however it is the first time it's been so severe.
If you got a warning it means you had downloads running at that given time so had to wait - you ignored the warnings to wait hence why it blocked you. We have to get quite aggressive with people now due to ongoing abuse and to protect our servers to let people successfully download it.

You see the current server load on the homepage - it is live, many people don't have the same issue. We also have stats on the amount of people that block ads and it is only around 40% so the other 60% downloading would have gone through adf.ly's ads successfully and made it to the download.

It honestly sounds like you may have other contributing factors at play here. Do a Malwarebytes scan (https://www.malwarebytes.com/) or even try another web browser / device. Sorry we can't be any more help here but given the amount of downloads that are running successfully I don't think there is a problem.
Promods Server Administrator

normpearii
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2017 14:28

Adf.ly is so terrible... Always have been.

First 3 times when I clicked skip ad in the top right, it opened a second ad without starting any download (I waited a 10 seconds before I closed the new tab it opens...)

Finally worked the 4th time. Then the second adf.ly link started doing the same thing so I gave up and paid the 1 dollar.

The paid download is definitely worth it. Adf.ly doesn't deserve the boatload of money they are making compared to those using their service.

finntrucker

06 Sep 2017 15:32

I have tried several times, no downloads, only stupid advertisement, so you realy should change some things there. Now you make your downloads impossible and hard

caspernib

06 Sep 2017 16:04

i got the problem if i want to download promods 2.20 on the slow way my internet browser says HTTP-404 Problem. I use Microsoft Edge as browser.... Knows someone what i need to do??
BTW Im sorry for my bad english because im from the Netherlands

JayCetic

06 Sep 2017 16:20

Try using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
Jay
------------------------------------------------------------------
The journey is more important than the destination.

caspernib

06 Sep 2017 16:30

j1474982 wrote:
06 Sep 2017 16:20
Try using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
Thanks for your reply!
I have tried it but it won't work :(
Do you have another thing i can try??

JayCetic

06 Sep 2017 16:41

If you can show the screenshot of the page when you download, i can see what the problem might be.
Jay
The journey is more important than the destination.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information