[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
polterghost

15 Oct 2018 13:32

I downloaded 2 parts and cant download anything else. It tells me to wait for download to finish but that happened over 20 minutes ago already.

CptCaribbean

15 Oct 2018 14:33

Have you checked that -> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256 ?
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

CrashCZ
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2018 15:23

I just got a notification that new ProMods 2.31 is available so I went to the download site and clicked the first free download link but instead of the first file I got this:

"Sorry! Access Denied
Connection limit exceeded!

You're using the free download service and have exceeded your connection limit of 2 concurrent download threads. The free download service is also limited at 200KB/sec per download thread in order to ease the load on our servers and to keep it fair for other people downloading.

You'll need to wait for your current download(s) to complete before attempting another download.

IMPORTANT: Any further attempts to get around this limit will result in a temporary ban of your IP interrupting any downloads you've currently got in progress - your patience is appreciated.

Did you also know you can also pay $1 to access a fast download?
It's a great way of supporting us!

Thanks for supporting ProMods!"

Are you kidding me? I thought that it's limited at 2 downloads at the same time but it looks like you can't download neither 1 file. So how long do I have to wait until the 2 not-existing downloads will be completed ? Yes I know I can pay $1 but I don't have a PyPal account and I'm not going to create it just because of ProMods (I would really appreciate if there was another payment method than PayPal). Btw this is not first time this happend to me.
Creator of Moravia Map 1:1

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2018 15:36

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256 here everything is explained.

And please post in correct section next time, this is not a bug.
And there other payments options other then paypal
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

JessicaCucco

15 Oct 2018 15:43

Marske80 wrote:
15 Oct 2018 13:22
Its not a mod problem but whats up whit this got no downloads running at the moment en it gives me this
Any Ideas?
Well I was able to finish downloading the mod...I just waited till the one part completed and clicked on the next two. It worked.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 15 Oct 2018 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduced quote

CrashCZ
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2018 15:51

I think this i not how it should work. It says that I can download 2 files at the same time so I expect I can download 2 files at the same time and not waiting for 20 minutes until I can start downloading first file.
Creator of Moravia Map 1:1

Marske80

15 Oct 2018 16:18

JessicaCucco wrote:
15 Oct 2018 15:43
Well I was able to finish downloading the mod...I just waited till the one part completed and clicked on the next two. It worked.
I did finisch the downloads it must be somthing whit Google Chrome that i got the errors after i switch to a other browser i download al parts by using mx5 brower an no problems at all
Last edited by bmwGTR on 15 Oct 2018 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduced quote

Mephic
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2018 18:13

Hi. I receive following error when trying to download CAP.. I'm not attempting to get around any limit as I downloaded both map and trailers from payware resource. That's the only thing I tried to download free and can't do it.

Sorry! Access Denied
Connection limit exceeded!
You're using the free download service and have exceeded your connection limit of 2 concurrent download threads. The free download service is also limited at 200KB/sec per download thread in order to ease the load on our servers and to keep it fair for other people downloading.

You'll need to wait for your current download(s) to complete before attempting another download.

IMPORTANT: Any further attempts to get around this limit will result in a temporary ban of your IP interrupting any downloads you've currently got in progress - your patience is appreciated.

Did you also know you can also pay $1 to access a fast download?
It's a great way of supporting us!

Thanks for supporting ProMods!

EdgeGladiator

15 Oct 2018 18:21

Weird, I have no problem to download this. Try retrying to download it or wait until the free servers are less saturated.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

CptCaribbean

15 Oct 2018 20:20

CrashCZ wrote:
15 Oct 2018 15:51
I think this i not how it should work. It says that I can download 2 files at the same time so I expect I can download 2 files at the same time and not waiting for 20 minutes until I can start downloading first file.
@Trucker2223 has posted a link where says:

Code: Select all

Q: I can't start another download! I don't have 2 downloads running!
A: The Free Download service uses your IP to track what you're downloading along with some other magic. It is also based on connections and not "downloads" so if you've got a single download running that is using 2 connections back to our servers then you'll get blocked with attempting to start another download. You need to wait for your download to finish.

Q: I've been blocked from downloading with the "daym gurl" message!
A: In every case this has happened I've determined the user was using a download accelerator (not supported by any means) or had other downloads running. I have not found a single instance where a user was blocked outside of this. Please don't use any download accelerator and / or wait for your existing downloads to finish and try again after an hour. Note also, a warning page appears multiple times before this happens and if you see this then stop and wait.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information