[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
CptCaribbean

24 Jul 2019 12:06

- please check if you have disabled any download managers or accelerators
- disable any anti-virus or firewall software that may "scan" downloads before downloading (thereby exceeding the limit)
- check if you are not on a shared network (university/work, CG-NAT or mobile network)
- wait at least one hour and try again
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

BornMiner

27 Jul 2019 14:52

I have been trying to download promods middle east add-on, but even though I am not downloading anything it is showing download limit reached. Anyone please help.

CptCaribbean

27 Jul 2019 20:13

Did you try the advices from above?
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Hartbreak1

28 Jul 2019 14:16

I'm having the same issue trying to download the Middle East addon. Download limit exceeded though I'm not downloading anything. I always run Firefox in safe mode when downloading from the site to ensure there's no addons interfering with the page. This is the first time I've had an issue, I even got the 2.41 Promods version at release without any issues either. I did read the FAQ section and I don't have any of the situations listed there.

Gottlieb

28 Jul 2019 17:26

Hello,

I try to download the middle east add on the complete day.

But I get always the same message "Sorry! Access Denied Connection limit exceeded!"
How could this happen? My last download is 2 weeks ago.
Also to use different Brwoser isn't working.

How often I have to try till I get banned for the function? As described in the Warning message?

Regards

Alex1289

29 Jul 2019 14:40

I cannot download anything from your site , because it thinks I have reached the download limit of 2 ,even tho I am not downloading anything at all at the moment !!!
And please don't redirect me to that link ,I've read it and I've done everything that is listed there .

I am using Mozilla , without accelerators ,without adblock , with disabled anti-virus ,with my own home router and I have already waited an hour and I still get the same message. I had the same issue before ( if u go back 5 pages ) and the only thing you did was to tell me : "It is all explained here " .Decided to come back again and to my surprise I could only install the 1st part and then 'bang ! one part is enough for today' .

I thought your mod was "free" . Is this on purpose to encourage you to pay ? Please help.

EDIT: A restart to PC has somehow did it . Sorry !

ScuL
Founder

29 Jul 2019 23:00

Maybe some process on your PC was actively scanning the link and the restart stopped it from doing it..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Gottlieb

30 Jul 2019 19:33

This is not an issue on any computer. It must be an issue from your download side.
It works for me after 50 retry with the same browser without any modification of anything.
And this is not the first time that this occurs.
I had already the issue in the past, not only once a time. Very often mostly if i started the first download and tried the second download your error warning popup.
So why? Is it not able to track the correct qty of downloads?
Also I get also a unauthorized ban over 1 day "i reached the maximum qty and tried to often to download" but this is not true.

I can fully understand to say this issue is caused from the user PC. But this is not true.

Regards
Last edited by bmwGTR on 31 Jul 2019 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Trucker2223
Donation rank:
Birthday

30 Jul 2019 19:37

Gottlieb wrote:
30 Jul 2019 19:33

I can fully understand to say this issue is caused from the user PC. But this is not true.

Sure, it's a problem in the System not in the Users PC! That's why thousands of Users (including) me can use the free download service without any problems.
Everything you need to know and check when you have an issue is listed here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26256
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Gottlieb

30 Jul 2019 20:34

Sure.
I doesn't have the issue on any other side where I download. Just here.
But the fact is, you included a traffic limiter to avoid that to much people download on the same time and that the traffic rises into the immeasurable, which caused the issue.
And you already described it "please disable this and this and also this to avoid that your download doesn't work. pls have just a look at your link which you provided."

I fully agree with you that you wanted that the people use the paypal method, but some can't use it because they doesn't have a paypal acc.
And it's terrible for us to download if this doesn't work if we do all what you described.

But hey let`s stamp it as curiosity if it's works sometimes and soemtimes not if the conditions doesn't changed.

have a great evening!
Last edited by bmwGTR on 31 Jul 2019 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

• Information