[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
User avatar
EdgeGladiator
Posts: 2316
Joined: 11 Mar 2017 11:54

28 Nov 2018 18:58

Weird, even me has this problem, :|

EDIT : the problem has been fixed

chetu97
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Nov 2017 16:44

28 Nov 2018 19:20

I am trying to download Pro mods version 2.32 free version, each link shows me access denied. I have tried three browsers namely, chrome, mozilla firefox and edge. Please help!

User avatar
michaelmurfy
Posts: 198
Joined: 24 Dec 2016 22:15
Donation rank:
Location: Wellington
Contact:

28 Nov 2018 19:26

Holland400 wrote:
28 Nov 2018 15:48
Are there any issues with the free DL-server? I deleted my first poste as it worked in private-mode.. 1st and 2nd file, ok, 3rd and 4th started, but stopped at ~10% and I get again:
Sorry! Access Denied.

It doesn't look like you've come from one of our download links, are using a browser or addon that blocks referrals or have stumbled across something you're not supposed to see. You'll need to start the download via our download links here in order to successfully download our mod. :cry:
Doh! I forgot to set something on some of our servers. I've just fixed this now. Very sorry about this! Enjoy.
Promods Server Administrator

User avatar
Vøytek
Developer
Posts: 9238
Joined: 05 Jan 2014 19:38
Location: Luboń
Contact:

28 Nov 2018 20:54

Try again, it'll work eventually.
Image
Currently hiking in our beautiful mountains
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

daronmal
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 May 2017 19:05

29 Nov 2018 02:28

Says the connection limit is reached with the max of 2 downloads, but I have none going, and part 1 does not want to download, says the file is corrupted when I try to extract it.

Edit: Follow up question: Why do we have to download all the 7 files when the files we need are all in the first .zip anyway?

User avatar
ScuL
Founder
Posts: 7618
Joined: 31 Jul 2013 23:51
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

29 Nov 2018 04:27

daronmal wrote:
29 Nov 2018 02:28
Says the connection limit is reached with the max of 2 downloads, but I have none going, and part 1 does not want to download, says the file is corrupted when I try to extract it.
There could be an array of explanations for this situation to occur;
A) You're using a browser that is using pre-caching and is therefore pre-loading the downloads before properly starting them -> Try a different browser
B) You are using a VPN, shared connection, university/work network or cellular network where another user is already downloading -> Please wait and try again
C) Your browser is configured to accelerate downloads or you have a plug-in for this purpose -> Disable the add-on or try a different browser
D) Your anti-virus is pre-caching the download for verification -> Disable anti-virus

You can NOT extract part one unless all seven parts are present in the same folder.
daronmal wrote:
29 Nov 2018 02:28
Edit: Follow up question: Why do we have to download all the 7 files when the files we need are all in the first .zip anyway?
Because it's a multi-span archive. The files are not included in part 1 only, they are spread across all 7 archives.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_spanning
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR
Image

daronmal
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 May 2017 19:05

29 Nov 2018 05:24

ScuL wrote:
29 Nov 2018 04:27
daronmal wrote:
29 Nov 2018 02:28
Says the connection limit is reached with the max of 2 downloads, but I have none going, and part 1 does not want to download, says the file is corrupted when I try to extract it.
There could be an array of explanations for this situation to occur;
A) You're using a browser that is using pre-caching and is therefore pre-loading the downloads before properly starting them -> Try a different browser
B) You are using a VPN, shared connection, university/work network or cellular network where another user is already downloading -> Please wait and try again
C) Your browser is configured to accelerate downloads or you have a plug-in for this purpose -> Disable the add-on or try a different browser
D) Your anti-virus is pre-caching the download for verification -> Disable anti-virus

You can NOT extract part one unless all seven parts are present in the same folder.
daronmal wrote:
29 Nov 2018 02:28
Edit: Follow up question: Why do we have to download all the 7 files when the files we need are all in the first .zip anyway?
Because it's a multi-span archive. The files are not included in part 1 only, they are spread across all 7 archives.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_spanning
Oh okay, that all makes sense, it randomly decided to work now for some reason, even though I didn't change anything.

wojteksz178
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Jan 2016 08:52
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2018 18:20

Hello,
I cannot download anything because it's says I have 2 downloads running, but I am not downloading anything, Even when I waited a whole day and tried to download it still says that I have 2 downloads running, I already had that error and used TOR but now I have to go through endless CAPTCHA and I couldn't even log in, can somebody help?

User avatar
Volleybal4life
Moderator
Posts: 6725
Joined: 01 Jun 2014 15:49
Donation rank:
Location: Gouda, South Holland, The Netherlands
Contact:

30 Nov 2018 18:21

Yeah, just take it easy. And try again later.
Spamming the forum since June 2014



Image
Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Simsbury88
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 Dec 2014 17:05

01 Dec 2018 00:26

michaelmurfy wrote:
28 Nov 2018 19:26
Holland400 wrote:
28 Nov 2018 15:48
Are there any issues with the free DL-server? I deleted my first poste as it worked in private-mode.. 1st and 2nd file, ok, 3rd and 4th started, but stopped at ~10% and I get again:
Sorry! Access Denied.

It doesn't look like you've come from one of our download links, are using a browser or addon that blocks referrals or have stumbled across something you're not supposed to see. You'll need to start the download via our download links here in order to successfully download our mod. :cry:
Doh! I forgot to set something on some of our servers. I've just fixed this now. Very sorry about this! Enjoy.
I'm still having this issue.



Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests