Page 60 of 169

Re: Download Issue

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 11:32
by ScuL

Re: Download Issue

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 11:59
by steda2e
Vøytek wrote:
06 Sep 2017 11:30
You shouldn't click on those ads...

I downloaded all 7 parts yesterday without any issue. Just use Chrome with AdBlock Plus and uBlock origin.

And yes, free download can't be resumed.
Doesn't Using Adblock defeat the purpose of having the free server. I'm Guessing that the ads pay for the servers?

Edit:
michaelmurfy wrote:
06 Sep 2017 11:31
You get a few warnings before that happens - it is triggered if you attempt to start too many downloads in a short space of time. Try again in a few hours, there is nothing we can do to unblock you.
I did get a warning or two but only when a download failed to start (it just loaded an ad, so I clicked Back and retried the same download. at no point did I try to download more than 3 at any time)

And I'm well aware that it wasn't malware however it does manage to cause chrome to stop responding and it's so processor intensive it just makes the machine completely freeze. it's not the first time ad block has thrown the ads however it is the first time it's been so severe.

Re: Download Issue

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 13:15
by Vøytek
I'm just telling you how to avoid ads. I guess 99% of our players block those ads anyway.

Re: Download Issue

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 13:44
by michaelmurfy
steda2e wrote:
06 Sep 2017 12:01
I did get a warning or two but only when a download failed to start (it just loaded an ad, so I clicked Back and retried the same download. at no point did I try to download more than 3 at any time)

And I'm well aware that it wasn't malware however it does manage to cause chrome to stop responding and it's so processor intensive it just makes the machine completely freeze. it's not the first time ad block has thrown the ads however it is the first time it's been so severe.
If you got a warning it means you had downloads running at that given time so had to wait - you ignored the warnings to wait hence why it blocked you. We have to get quite aggressive with people now due to ongoing abuse and to protect our servers to let people successfully download it.

You see the current server load on the homepage - it is live, many people don't have the same issue. We also have stats on the amount of people that block ads and it is only around 40% so the other 60% downloading would have gone through adf.ly's ads successfully and made it to the download.

It honestly sounds like you may have other contributing factors at play here. Do a Malwarebytes scan (https://www.malwarebytes.com/) or even try another web browser / device. Sorry we can't be any more help here but given the amount of downloads that are running successfully I don't think there is a problem.

Re: Download Issue

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 14:28
by normpearii
Adf.ly is so terrible... Always have been.

First 3 times when I clicked skip ad in the top right, it opened a second ad without starting any download (I waited a 10 seconds before I closed the new tab it opens...)

Finally worked the 4th time. Then the second adf.ly link started doing the same thing so I gave up and paid the 1 dollar.




The paid download is definitely worth it. Adf.ly doesn't deserve the boatload of money they are making compared to those using their service.

Re: Download Issue

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 15:32
by finntrucker
I have tried several times, no downloads, only stupid advertisement, so you realy should change some things there. Now you make your downloads impossible and hard

downloading problem of Promods 2.20

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 16:04
by caspernib
i got the problem if i want to download promods 2.20 on the slow way my internet browser says HTTP-404 Problem. I use Microsoft Edge as browser.... Knows someone what i need to do??
BTW Im sorry for my bad english because im from the Netherlands

Re: downloading problem of Promods 2.20

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 16:20
by JayCetic
Try using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.

Re: downloading problem of Promods 2.20

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 16:30
by caspernib
j1474982 wrote:
06 Sep 2017 16:20
Try using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
Thanks for your reply!
I have tried it but it won't work :(
Do you have another thing i can try??

Re: downloading problem of Promods 2.20

Posted: 06 Sep 2017 16:41
by JayCetic
If you can show the screenshot of the page when you download, i can see what the problem might be.